pypes system

honestly i still havent herd of an exhaust other then rjc that dint have the really close to coil springs issue ei my 3 inch muffler tech ss exhaust taps my coils if i hit a really hard dip in the road

My apologies, just thought it was a question about pypes exhaust in general. I guess it was a way to subscribe to the thread as I too want to know how it sounds on an lc2. Again sorry for going off topic

I love my Pypes system, easy install and sounds great, too.

Don't hesitate, you won't regret it.

image005.jpg

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 144
My 2
everyone ive put in since their first one they released has been painless and cleared the springs and the axle , if you have aftermarket or adjustable uppers arms theres more room to move the pipes away. its almost a direct copy of the hooker system

ive heard others had theirs done at local garage shops and they claimed the install was difficult (read $$) and required modifying pipes to install

only modification ive found would be to trim the pipe lengths at the mufflers back about 1" off the ends because out of the box assembled its too long unless youre making a test pipe custom length
and the race mufflers seem to sound the best , the srteet was too queit , havent tried the violator

"ive heard others had theirs done at local garage shops and they claimed the install was difficult (read $$) and required modifying pipes to install"

Yup, local garage did mine and he spent a lot of time on it and it did need some mods. I found out later that it probably would have fit better if he had started at the tailpipes and worked towards the cat.

I'd still recommend the Pypes set up with Race Pro mufflers, though.

How fast have you guys gone with the pypes system thru the mufflers? Rjc site says they opened the dump on a mid tens car with their single 3" system with dual outlets and ran no faster....

I personally like the Pypes exhaust. My car is not a race car, it is a toy that I like to drive around. Sure I want to always make it faster but I love to drive it on the street. So I went with Pypes. If I was to turn it into a full blown track car I would have put the RJC exhaust on it. I put this exhaust on the car 2 years ago and I am completely satisfied with it. I installed it by myself and it was pretty easy. I haven't noticed any drone but the car had flowmasters on it when I bought it and they were terrible.

I like my Pypes system sounds good fit was good too, has a little drone but not too bad. I didn't use their clamps I put stainless band clamps on it in case I want to change something later figured it would be easier.

Pypes system is great. I picked up 4 tenths on a stock car. Air quality was terrible for the second run. First run with the stock exhaust was at 40 degrees and low humidity. Second run with Pypes kit was 90 degrees and so much humidity that you could ring water out of the air. I would have liked to run it in equal conditions so we could see what the Pypes system is truly worth.