You can type here any text you want

QA1 coilovers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

Im looking into QA1 coilovers (probably go with economy coils for now) I plan on using the 450 lb bb springs. Who is using this setup and how do you like it? My car sits higher on one side than the other. I would like to even it out drop it a tad bit more, as well as prevent some of the tire scrubbing i get on bumps around town. Right now i have stock saggy shocks with bilsteins and also have Howe taller lower ball joints and S10 xtreme bump stops. Anybody that has used them on a GN before chime in and let me know how you like them. Ive read about the mounting point on the lower control arm being thin but i will probably reinforce that area so its not a worry. Any advice, ground clearance measurements or pics of similar setups would be great:cool:

mounting point on the lower control arm being thin ???? i never heard this problem....where di dyou read about it?? im thinking of using these as welll

if you use the economy setup. they mount with a steel ring. the pro setups mount to the stock shock holes and will rit right through in short order.

to use the pro setup, you must change the lower arms to the reinforced tubular style.

i asked qa-1 that question and they said they would work with stock lower arms.. did someone have it rip thru that you know?

JM

i know from personal experience. do you trust the entire weight of your front end on two 3/8s bolts going thru 1/8 " shock mount holes?

No I would not.......doe sthe econmy kit with its plate offewr enough strength? if so why not just run the plate with the Pro kit? dont want to change control arms....trying to lower car 1- 1 1/2 inch

JM

well just thought i would update. I got the economy coilover kit (450 lb springs) So far im very happy with them. The install was easy. The plate on the lower control arm seemed very sturdy and i have no problems with it supporting the weight of the car. The adjusting nut is not the easiest to get to but it is doable. Here are a couple pics of the stance. They were taken with the camera phone and the car is filthy.
Picture095-1.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

Back