Quad Air Voltage Booster Wiring

87Silver Bullet

Looking for a little help with a Quad Air Voltage Booster wiring question. I am just putting the finishing touches on a 87 T Type I bought with a popped motor.

After hooking up all the sensors and vacuum lines, I have one wire left over. There is a relay mounted on the driver side inner fender which has one wire that runs to the fuel pump, one wire runs to an inline fuse then to the stud on the alternator. The mystery wire is white, long enough to reach the alternator and has a 1/4" male spade terminal on the end of it. The only thing that is close by is a green conneter with a single wire in it, this is part of the factory harness. If that's where the white wire goes, what does that wire in the green connector go to?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike

Looking for a little help with a Quad Air Voltage Booster wiring question. I am just putting the finishing touches on a 87 T Type I bought with a popped motor.

After hooking up all the sensors and vacuum lines, I have one wire left over. There is a relay mounted on the driver side inner fender which has one wire that runs to the fuel pump, one wire runs to an inline fuse then to the stud on the alternator. The mystery wire is white, long enough to reach the alternator and has a 1/4" male spade terminal on the end of it. The only thing that is close by is a green conneter with a single wire in it, this is part of the factory harness. If that's where the white wire goes, what does that wire in the green connector go to?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike

On cars that have all the factory wires... there are two near the back of the alternator that appear to not be hooked to anything.... like they should be plugged into something.....

One is a hot wire to activate the fuel pump. (like if you wanted to temporarily run the pump... you just jump 12v to that wire)

One is a tach output to drive an aftermarket tachometer

Does that help?

Thanks Blazer.

Do you think my mystery would go to the fuel pump wire to turn the pump on for the start cycle?

I'll have to dig out a wiring diagram and my volt meter to see when the white wire goes hot.

Anyone with the installation instructions for this Booster?

Mike

it plugs right in i believe on the tps sensor it only plugs into 1 thing 1 way impossible to screw up.you'll love it at night.

Thanks Blazer.

All the parts I described in the first post were part of a “hot wire” kit to the fuel pump. I figured that out after checking out where the wire from the relay went. I hooked my white wire to the single wire you mentioned that goes to the fuel pump and all was good. The motor spun a rod bearing back in 2003 and has been sitting since. Thanks again.

Mike

Thanks Blazer.

Do you think my mystery would go to the fuel pump wire to turn the pump on for the start cycle?

I'll have to dig out a wiring diagram and my volt meter to see when the white wire goes hot.

Anyone with the installation instructions for this Booster?

Mike

No... the two connectors behind the alternator....stays unhooked. It is there in case you wanted to turn the fuel pump on from under the hood.... ... like you wanted to pump your fuel out through the fuel rails... into a jug.... to put race fuel in....

The other can drive a tachometer