You can type here any text you want

Quality ASC part-Cap Assy, Wheel Hub

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNX243

Having some time at the garage today I decided to move the wheel weights from the outside rim to stick on weights inside the wheel. When I removed the cap to put the wheel on the balancing machine, the GNX emblem fell off..revealing (see pictures) the outline of the TA Firebird in the silicone adhesive on the cap and the firebird outline on the emblem to which the GNX emblem was adhered. I've had the car since 1990 and several years ago I purchased a number of NOS GNX caps and they all carry the p/n 10034896 although the GNX bulletin lists it as 10097569 (interestingly my boxed NOS caps WITH the 12332920 wheel hub cap decal is p/n 10097571). So this confirms what we have heard about ASC using TA caps. It seems to me that a number of years ago GM was caught using Chevy parts on the Cadillac Cimarron and I believe the Cadillac owners were compensated. Is it too late to ask Buick for a refund?

Attachments

• GNXCap005.jpg
    GNXCap005.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 185
  • GNXCap002.jpg
    GNXCap002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 189
It seems to me that a number of years ago GM was caught using Chevy parts on the Cadillac Cimarron and I believe the Cadillac owners were compensated. Is it too late to ask Buick for a refund?

Your kidding right?

It was a long time ago (about 30 years) and I am not exactly sure what GM did, and of course I am being facetious but there is a principle here...if you purchased a diamond engagement ring from a jewelry store and it turned out to be a Wellington, what would you do?

Rich....

ASC used stickers on the center caps over the existing logo. The GNX logo is nothing more than a sticker....alot of things done at ASC are raw by todays standards but keep in mind the GNXs were not mass produced.

It was a long time ago (about 30 years) and I am not exactly sure what GM did, and of course I am being facetious but there is a principle here...if you purchased a diamond engagement ring from a jewelry store and it turned out to be a Wellington, what would you do?

It is a Buick part …. it is made from a non finished (not painted) Pontiac part….. so it never achieved the finished product part number (as it would not of passed GM quality) of the original Pontiac part because it was never finished. So technically it is a Buick part....even though it comes from Pontiac tooling.
That’s my thought and I am sticking to it….:)
PS…..we made a piece of coal into a diamond….:biggrin:

Back