Question about 109 block???

v6turbojunkie

I recently parted out a 87 N/A regal.
I noticed the 3.8 is actually a 109 block with no turbo oil return provision at the top/front of the block. Can a oil return hole be bored into that location or should I throw the block away?

Yes the hole can be added - that's the only difference between that block and a turbo 109.

actually you should get rid of it ...I'll help you out you can send it to me and only the cost you shipping :)

wait a minute. Are you saying that a stock regal with a 3.8 is the same block as the GN motor? What about crank, pistons, rods ect.... If it is the same, why am I busting my rear trying to find an 86-87 GN block for my 85 hot air??

Yes they are the same. The only difference between a turbo and a NA is the pistons,cam,balancer,flywheel and oil pump bypass spring. You can drill the turbo drain tube hole as the boss is cast on to all 109 castings. The 4.1 uses the same crank as a turbo. You may be able to save your crank as many have had excellent results with a crank turned down .020" in case you cant find a used one.