You can type here any text you want

question about a Amp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
Hey, im looking for information on what a very good amp is in about the 1000 watt range. Any brand would be helpful and any info about that one is even better. im going to be using a sub that rms around 750 watts to run it an it maxes out at 1500 watts.

Ive had great results with subs with
Rockford punch series amps
Orion
they bring alot of power

For the components I used mb quarts
with ADS amps
Im more into old scool amps cause Ive had these amps forever and refuse to part with them

anyhow
Rockford punch series amps
Orion

are my choice

the RF power amps are the only RF product I'd touch. JL 1000/1 is awesome. Arc Audio, Zapco, Genesis, etc.
Bang for the buck...Memphis, hands down.

HOW MUCH????

It really depends on how much you want to spend.
There is a BIG difference there. How serious you are about a true 1000 watts. A true 1000 watt amp needs more power supply than your factory alt and single battery can supply. However you can take class A amps and bridge down to as low as 1/4 ohm, orion's for example, and get 1000. It will be HOT and clip if ran long. For a true consitent 1000 watts that you can listen too as long as you want, I would suggest a JL audio 1000 single channel subwoofer amp with an additional battery and a cap. This would be a TRUE 1000+ watt amp that will POUND ANY TWO subs you hook to it. Your looking at about a 1800 setup though. Conversly you can go with other amps ie,,, orion, rockford, MTX, or Kicker, Memphis, etc... Bridge them down and get a rated 1000 but not TRUE. Ever wondered why home audio equipment is rated at 100w per channel or sub amps at 250w and sounds will tear the house down. It is becuase it is TRUE power that has the electrical power to support it. You can have the biggest amp in the word and not right power going to it and you aint got ***t. So my advice is buy a good amp but give it the POWER you need. Most people can not stand listening to a true 1000 watt system. I have gone to bed and woke up with bloody ears becuse of 1000+ watt systems.

I'll promise you a kicker 1200.1, memphis 1000D, etc are true 1000 watt amps. I'll even bench it for ya and prove it. What I think you are getting at is that he doesn't need to buy into Audiobahn , Sony or Kenwoods "1000 watt " amps. They are lying. I recommended some brands to you that were good and tue to their word. Look for the CEA 2006 rating.

Thats What I'm saying

Thats What I'm saying, plus if you do not intend to upgrade power supply you will never see a stable and true 1000 watts. Do not waste money on such an amp if not willing to upgrade.

yeah...even a class D 1000 watt amp like the Memphis 1000D will kill a stock battery. Optima 800CCA minimum for that amp. On our cars, the charge lead from the battery would FOR SURE need to be upgraded and your grounds off the battery would need to be upgraded. Heck, you may even need an altenator...may not...never know. I've run system with 120 AMP peak current draw off stock altenators (Honda-Delphi) many times.

I'm currently running a Memphis MC1000D in my GN pushing a 12" ID-MAX wired to 1 ohm. I'm very happy with it. I am still running a stock size/type battery, but have upgraded the batttery ground to match the 0 gauge amp feed wire. I am planning on upgrading the alternator feed soon. I don't push the amp anywhere near it's full capacity, that's prob why I haven't had any problems with my power supply setup yet. Either way Memphis gets my vote. :)

why would you put a stero in that car.........let me know and ill get ya wholsale on whatever amp you want

Back