You can type here any text you want

Question about GTA Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
I have always seen that you are supposed to run rear GTA wheels up front on GN's with a spacer and longer studs. If they will work that way up front couldnt you just add a spacer and have longer studs and run them on the rear of your GN, or will they have clearance issues no matter what you try? I have some rears that are up front on my car and when I turn they rub slightly even with the spacer. Maybe the tires are just too wide? I think they are P245/50R16's. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have always seen that you are supposed to run rear GTA wheels up front on GN's with a spacer and longer studs. If they will work that way up front couldnt you just add a spacer and have longer studs and run them on the rear of your GN, or will they have clearance issues no matter what you try? I have some rears that are up front on my car and when I turn they rub slightly even with the spacer. Maybe the tires are just too wide? I think they are P245/50R16's. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You would need wheel adapters to run them in the back.

Long studs/spacers would be way unsafe to run rears in the rear and keep them off the frame. Maybe with a stock 307, but you are asking to shear off the studs with a TR.

Where are they rubbing in front? On the inner fender or against the frame?

I can only see one place where they are rubbing and it is the upper control arm up front. I think it may be because they have such wide tires on them. I believe they are P245/50R16's. They just barely rub, so Im thinking that if I go to a little narrower tire I will be good. Also Im not sure how wide of a spacer it is as it came with the wheels. How wide of a spacer should I be running? Thanks Dusty

With 255/50's and Baer brakes (which add about 3/8" offset) I run Rear GTA's on the front of my '86 grand prix with zero rubbing.

I had to slightly roll the lips of the fenders, but "fronts" would rub these areas worse.

We run adjustable uppers from SC&C.

A 3/8" spacer would make the offset pretty close to "fronts"

Currently I run fronts on the rears and the rears on the front with a 1.25" wheel adapter (spacer with an extra set of studs basically). I'm thinking about switching it around when I get new tires though, because it looks kind of weird with the front wheels further out than the rears.

i run 4 fronts all the way around no problems and a lil rub when wheel is turned all the way!!

tires 245/50/16 all the way around!!
100_0624.jpg

100_0650.jpg

Back