You can type here any text you want

Question about MAF sensor reading

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I understand that at WOT the reading should be 255. I thought that there was a way to test the reading with the key in the on postion and not running, that you push the accelertor to the floor to see if it reads 255. Is that correct ? If so, I tried that and the scanmaster on the reading on the AF did not change. So, will the reading of 255 only be with under WOT and cant be tested with just the ignition turned to on ? Hope I made sense here.

MAF=Air flow

Need to bring up the boost pretty good to peg one(255). Unless the motor is modded then it will be pegged at lower boost.

Typically can range between 13-20 PSI to peg it.

hth

Thanks, dumb question, how then do you tell if the MAF sensor is bad or malfunctioning ? Is there a code on the scanmaster ?

If the MAF is bad, the car will run like sh!t!!!! You will know if it is bad.

Maf

Hi,
Chronic failures will set a code and subsequently the check engine light will appear.However, a trend towards diminished performance exists, as with all electronic devices.For instance, my daily driver, 86 firebird with a 2.8L V6, developed a stumble and misfire off idle,turned out to be the MAF. No code or light occurred.These remans are of questionable quality, since price is always an issue, and new is unavailable or ridiculously priced. I wonder what sitting on the shelf does to them, for that matter...

Back