You can type here any text you want

question about production 4.1 blocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

straycat990

I know this is not exactly a stage II question and probably should be in the general tech area, but I figured I would get better answers from you guys.

Has any one pushed the limits of a production 4.1 block? Anyone care to take a guess at what HP level the block will fail?

What I am considering doing is taking a production 4.1, bored .035 over and installing a BMS 3.59 stroke crank. The block would be girdled and use production style heads (not stage II).
What I am shooting for is a reliable 750hp to 800 hp at the flywheel. Would the block be strong enough to sustain that much HP? Or should I just keep looking for a buildable stage 1 or II block?

thanks,

block

IMO, a 4.1 production block would not handle anywhere near that amount of HP. Deck is way too thin, not to mention other areas.

Re: block

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
IMO, a 4.1 production block would not handle anywhere near that amount of HP. Deck is way too thin, not to mention other areas.
Thats also been my experience !

Back