You can type here any text you want

question about shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
i am about to purchase some shocks looking at summit drag shocks front and rear I do want to tote the front wheel a lil bit I don't wanna spend extra $ if I don't need them to do it. do they help that much pull front wheel off the ground and if I replace them do I need just front or just back or will doing all 4 make a big difference. compared to a standard sense trac

A 90/10 shock will help at the track but aren't ment for use on the street. It will hold the front up more once you launch to aid traction. On the street it can cause other issues. Get some adjustable one you can change for street or track depending on what you're doing.;)

You can get single adjust qa1 stocker star R shocks that are 90/10 fully loose and you can adjust it out ...I drive them on the street and across country without a issue. Just tighten them up and you would never no its a drag shock.

Anyone tried the 70 / 30 front drag shocks, they claim to be more suited for street use while still applying good transfer at launch...............

What brand would those be?

I used 70/30 Lakewoods in the past when I did a lot of street driving. Worked ok at the track but when track was poor, like on test n tune night, they weren't the best. But they were able to get me 1.6 60fts no problem with a good rear swaybar and some 1.5s, but would need a good track for consistent 1.5s. Like others said, a 90/10 would be better in those conditions but not so good for the street. A single adjustable is a better option for best of both.

Do the adjustables have to be pulled down to change the settings?
Found my answer on a GN to boot.

Last edited:
Back