You can type here any text you want

Question about springs and shocks.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

I currently have the Eibach lowering spring and tokico shocks installed on my 87 Turbo T. I bought the vehicle like this. I am not happy with the ride on these terrible roads in Michigan. I can feel every nook and cranny on the road. I have 18" Rims installed on this car also. Would going back to stock springs and shocks change my ride dramatically? Or would changing my rims to 16" rims change it more. I am thinking the springs and shocks change is going to be far less expensive. Also who makes a good Spring and shock combo that would get me back to stock apperance?

FWIW & IMHO:
You might want to do a search on this subject as there have been several posts regarding this very same subject. I also had a set or Eibach lowering springs and brand new KYB shocks installed on one of my previous Turbo-T's and i also was quite unhappy with the basic ride qualities. I posted over on T6P regarding this. It seemed to me that when the car was just going in a normal fashion such as standard driving manuevers it had more rattles and was noiseier than when set up as stock. The only time that the thing was ok was when you really slammed it into a corner or sweeper. Then it settled down and the springs went to work. It seems to me that there are only a few spring manufactureres but lots of spring sellers, so most aftermarket set-ups are the same fashion. 1 inch lower, handles sloppy and noisy unless stood in a corner under load. Moog makes some standard wound springs, but you will need numbers to match up to what you want. I am going to try either Kirban front and rear springs with Bilstein shocks or maybe Global West springs and Bilsteins. Kirban's front and rear, and maybe Global West's springs are standard height springs, i believe. Only the rate has been stiffenend up.
HTH

Eibach springs

I have a set of front and rear GN springs I'll trade you for the Eibachs.

if your going to go stock, get the TRW front and rear variable rate(cargo springs) and Bilstein shocks......my GN has over 200k on it with the original body bushings and drive incredibly witht he bilsteins......and it will be much much cheaper than buying a new wheel/tire combo. springs will be about 120 at the part store, and the bilsteins are about 240 shipped from shox.com (with a lifetime warranty)

Thanks alot for the reply. I will get the Bilsteins like you suggested. I noticed Kirbans Performance has front and rear sprins. I might go with those springs. Once I get the springs and shocks off I will stick them on ebay. The springs and shocks are only a few months old. The previous owner of this car put them on in the spring. They only have 600 miles on them.

kirbans are waaay overpriced!!! you can get them for half that at wutozone or advance auto

OK, what brands and spring rates are available at wutzone and Advance Auto?
Kirbans are tried and proven, never heard a complaint on his springs, but I can tell about some of the other spring retailers.

Back