You can type here any text you want

Question about the Y connector and three hoses on the DRIVERS side

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I posted a few days ago about high BL numbers and started to check for vaccum leaks
I checked the Y connector on the passenger side that goes to the selanoid and the actuator and its fine.
But, I found the same looking Y connector with three hoses on the Drivers side just in front of the valve cover and behind the alternator. One of the hoses was split and off. I temporarily taped it and put it back on, but the BL number did not change
Anyway, can someone tell me what the hoses on that Y connector go to and, just of out couriosity, would that be considered a vacuum leak with the split I had and it being off the connector.
Thanks

Sounds like you have a car full of rotten hoses.

Replace all rubber vacuum hoses, dont rig them. Spend the 15-20 bucks worth of rubber and re-do all of them.

Take one off at a time, and replace it.

Yes that could cuase your issue. And the BLM number doesnt in an instant change. Once you replace the hoses, reset the computer by unplugging the ecm connector my the battery... then start the car and drive it.. see if the numbers come back into line.

Like I said in another post.. you can listen and hear air leaks.

Thanks Razor.
Other than the Y connectors on both sides of the engine with the small vaccum hoses, what other vaccum hoses would affect the BL number and where are they located.
Thanks

I had leaks in several of the vacuum assists and replaced 3/4 of my hoses. You can trace what each does pretty easy as well.

The vacuum leaks caused all sorts of idle and other problems. I agree - replace - don't temp rig! As I offerred last year, you're welcome to swing by anytime - especially now that the roads are clear and the weather is prime!!

I also finished the garagemahal and have the lift installed so maint on this bad boy is a pleasure now!!!!

Thanks for the offer Dave. Will be replacing the hoses next week after the weather clears, gonna rain through Tuesday.

swing by sometime when you're out for a ride or we should meet up for a spin. I can be in Danbury in about 40 minutes.

DW

Back