question about tie rods/ends

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I have a clunk in the front end and I crawled under the car today and found that I could twist the tie rods back and forth and move them side to side a little. My question is, how hard is it to change these and where should I get them from? I know its gonna need an alignment afterwards. Is there anything else I should replace while I'm down that far?

Thanks!

I had one break on me and pop off in a slow tight turn, in a parking lot, 35 miles from home.

Got a nice ride home since I was working a side job from one of the maint. guys I was working with.

Anyway, I bought a tie rod end at Pep Boys and put it on the next morning where I left the car in a parking space in 25 degree temps.

Took about 45 minutes and most of that was measuring the tie rod end precisely so I could put the new one in place and drive it.

No problems with tire wear either if you make the length the same using some care.

Had it aligned about a week later after letting my mechanic put on a new idler arm.

I used all MOOG products for the GN good quality.

Key to that would be take off the whole assembly and build up the new one to match it exactly, then hit the alignment shop.

New center link too.