You can type here any text you want

Question of the night...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I searched the archives and I think this is ok, but I am driving 5 hours to the track tomorrow and don't want to find I was wrong when I get there...

I finished my cold air setup and the MAT sensor doesn't fit along it anywhere. I want to splice the wires and run it out where the filter is behind the driver's headlight but I don't have the wire to do a nice job right now. So I was planning on just tying it to a nearby line in the engine bay. I know it'll read a lot hotter than normal. But its my understanding that the chips (Thrasher 100 and Red 108) don't use the MAT reading for much anyways, so it shouldn't have any adverse effects on performance. The hood will be up in the staging lane anyways. Thanks as always.

Mine has been sitting under the hood away from the air flow and I haven't noticed a thing.

Caspers makes a plug and play extension kit very nice piece.

For today no problem where it is. :)

MAT is manifold air temp, if so, possibly relocate it to the uppipe wouldn't that give a more accurate reading?

Back