You can type here any text you want

Question on Coil rear shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

onefastgn

I was just going over the rear end area after installing my Vince Janis Transmission and i noticed that my rear shocks have coils over them. Not sure if they are adjustable, i need to check, they looked stock. My question is : Is this maybe why when i launch it looks like a top fuel dragster? I have both my air bags set correct and i have the tire pressure set at 16 psi ( M/T Drag Radials). I just never looked at the rear shock before. The car seems to squat ok but i have to peddle the throttle a bit to get it really hook up. Just seeing if any one else is using this type of set up. Or should i change them out. If so, what would be the best choice. Thanks Tony

Dude sell those things or give them away like I did. They are an old school way to try to do the same thing airbags do. Thing is, they are not variable rate which make them bounce back to fast instead of slowly springing back. Put a set of BellTechs on your car since you drive it on the street primarily. Otherwise you can get a set of 90/10's if you want but i wouldnt advise it with the way you use your car.

"The car seems to squat ok but i have to peddle the throttle a bit to get it really hook up."

Girls squat, race cars don't..[Quote from "famous" chassis guy!]
The fubar shock setting, due to the add-on "helper springs", most likely is a contributor to the traction loss.[Other things need to be investigated, too.]
A set of adjustables, such as AFCO, HALS, etc, is one of the components needed, to set up the suspension, and make it work.

"Fun" costs money.. How much do you want to have????

Back