question: TR vs GN

loki993

i have a question for you all that have youre cars already and are not just dreaming at this point like me at that moment. im pretty sure i already know the answer to this but it may be fun asking anyway.

which car will get you hassled less or more. a GN or a T-type.
i mean when you driving in youre cars do guys always mess with you on the street.
you come out of the store and you got 5 kids drooling all over youre car.
you get the guy that catches you in the parking lot and tells you a 20 minute story about how he had a friend with a GNX and it was the fastest thing he had ever been in.
people trying to steal it.
people keying it or messing with it.
ricers, what do the ricers do???
things like that.
i would think the GN would get the most attention in all catagories, but i bet theres some good stories anyway.

Yup, GN way more attention.

Get a t-type or turbo t, put a non turbo (flat) hood, cheap wheels and everyone will wonder why you bought your grandpa's car.

I agree. The GN definetely attracts more attention.

Latest notability: I dropped my oldest off on campus the other day and there were these three fellows in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops that were walking along the sidewalk. When I stopped they froze in their tracks and were staring. One of them said something to the other and he shook his head as if he was saying 'no'. No telling what was said, but I figure they were car buffs and had no idea what they were looking at besides a cool looking black car with an interesting sound to it.

Must be the blackness. A friend of mine once referred to our GN as the blackmobile. Personally, I like the T's. More variety and fewer of them.

BigDaddy said:
TR's are better.........see 1 black GN, you've seen 'em all

Brutal :eek:

but mayhap a tad true... I just see too many in various states of decay and then I'm saddened.... :( :(

Being on my 5th turbo Buick, 1st:'86 grey with blackout, 2nd: '87 Turbo-T, white, 10K original car, 3rd: '87 white Turbo-T, 4th: '87 GN, & 5th: (current ride), '87 white Turbo-T, 19K mile original car, I prefer the '87 Turbo-t's, but I will give the GN it's due:
It will always be worth more, comparatively speaking, than an equivalent T-Type or Turbo-T, it will always get way more attention, they look better (due to the color black) when meticulousy cleaned & polished, but look worse when dirty or abused, and they are and always will be the subjects of all of the urban legends. On the permanent downside, percentage wise, they get stolen more that their counterparts, and black paint, regardless of who painted it and the quality of the paint, will always be harder to clean, keep clean, and harder to wax without the swirls showing more. I think that GN's attract the opposite sex more, too.

GN definitely gets more attention, let's see.....

i mean when you driving in youre cars do guys always mess with you on the street.
Hardly ever, seems like no one wants to race a GN....must be all the urban legends floating around the net (twin turbos, etc). Plus the GN looks intimidating as hell. :biggrin:

you come out of the store and you got 5 kids drooling all over youre car.
Not really kids drooling, just older guys mostly acting like kids LOL.

you get the guy that catches you in the parking lot and tells you a 20 minute story about how he had a friend with a GNX and it was the fastest thing he had ever been in.
The other day at work I pulled into my parking spot and this older fella wanted to check out my car. He claims he's heard about GNs but never seen one before. :confused: Next thing you know I'm pointing out the turbo and explaining what the "big radiator" in front is for. :biggrin: :biggrin:

people trying to steal it.
people keying it or messing with it.
No incidents like that (yet)

ricers, what do the ricers do???
I've actually had a few ricers give me the thumbs up. Except this one time a couple of wiggers in a clapped out Civic were revving at me giving me the gangsta stare. WTF???

All that said I want to get a Turbo T or a Limited next, that would be even more fun.

I get respect in my GN.

Thumbs up, people yelling and hooting as I drive by. The cool guy, knodding.

I never get hassled by police. Most police are the age of having grown up with the TRs. Makes them happy just to see one. I think most people really want to see you light'em up, including the fuzz.

Never a problem here.

I got the "curtious flash" of the blue light just last night, as I had a little WOT blast on the way home. The officer was smiling, but pointing at me. He flashed his alley light on me and the blues thru the grill.

I was passing a sloooow car, and went about 68MPH in a 45. I just couldn't lift. It felt good. Cool air last night.

it really seems like GNs are universially feared. domestic and import guys seem to know they are not to be messed with. Its one of the many cool things about the GNs, also one of the many things that makes them unique also.

TR's are better.........see 1 black GN, you've seen 'em all
id say definity a true statement. The thing is though you dont see many GNs, period, unless youre at a buick event. i think this is one of the reasons that the TRs dont get all that much magazine coverage. Outside of the TR circle all anyone probally cares about is a GN.

i didnt really think the cops would be much of a problem, i would thing more people would try and goad you into a race on the street, even if simply to see you stomp on it once.

it seems like the ricers could go either way, some know and some dont. the ones that know should stay away, the ones that dont, well theyve probally got The Fast and Furious on repeat in their DVD player and are beyond help anyway.