You can type here any text you want

question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

Is the 009 injectors safe and a good choice for an injector size if replacing the stock ones if u upgrade fuel pump, and install hotwire kit and adjustable regulator, better exhaust system and upgraded air cleaner?

depends......how fast are you planning on going? Your going to get lots of opinions on this one.....try searching you will find lots of reading!

hey thx for replying..how fast i don't know, I don't race. I just want alittle more hp than stock that's all, not going to upgrade turbo or cams and convertors, these cars are known to have great performance with a few upgrades. This one's not to beat on, since the stock injectors are 22 years old and 36# are not available anymore...so I though the 009's would be a good choice, but i don't know. some people are using 50's 60's, that's too high for me. I have an experienced gentlemen to handle the tuning, this one's a nice ride, I know there's people on this board taht are on a whole different level than me, don't want to go there, just something with gains and safe, u know

hey nice boats my friend, i like fishing too...

Attachments

• 0405091538.jpg
    0405091538.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 83
you'll have to change the chip of course, Most say if you do the 60's then you leave plenty of room in case you add a part or 3 next summer.

I ran 009's... was warned that i could get rough idle, I got rough idle so i went to 60's

the chip might be a jay carter street with the new 009's.......that 60# sounds too high not interested...with the jc chip, it;s an older chip but i hear the idle and performance is great with those injectors but I can't say because never had them in the gn...that's why I'm here asking these questions. what's better jay carter or turbotweak chip? jc been around these cars longer than turbotweak, what's the difference between the two besides the tt chip is newer and adjustable?

originally I wanted the 36 bluetops.....but there discontinued. how was the drive and realiablity of the 009's, did it just have a rough idle and does the chip have anything to do with that?

I ran the 009's with a TE44. I rebuilt my engine and installed 60lb Mototrons with a TE67. Sounds like you will be happy with 009's. I noticed no problem with ilding. I think I even have a 42lb chip for 93 octane in the dash. If interested, let me know. $25.00 plus shipping. I will have to check who made it. I think it was Joe Lubrant.

I'm alright thx anyways....I'm getting the chip from national performance in t.o

originally I wanted the 36 bluetops.....but there discontinued. how was the drive and realiablity of the 009's, did it just have a rough idle and does the chip have anything to do with that?

Dunno if it was batch issue's pintle design er what, when I was looking into them Some folks said no issues, some said I would have idle issues.

My luck I had issues, I run TT chip. The 60's are nice and will not effect anything so dont let the size spook you into thinking you will have to upgrade other stuff as well.

Its just nice to know that if you run 60's and chip to match and one day down the road you want to upgrade to larger cam, turbo and other goodies, you wont max out on DC

but the 009's ran nice in my car with TA49

if your REALLY not ever going to change the turbo...I would get the 42's and a TT chip.....no need to spend the money on the 60's.....

if your REALLY not ever going to change the turbo...I would get the 42's and a TT chip.....no need to spend the money on the 60's.....

i would have to disagree. i would get the 60's without question even if the car was stock and just replacing the injectors. these injectors will work well from stock to wild. it will idel smooth as glass.

Back