You can type here any text you want

Question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmorrell

When I bought my 87 GN, I got some papers on things that the previous owner had done to the car. One thing is "blue -top injectors calibrated for EPROM Chip. What exactly do I have here? Is the original chip reprogrammed or something? I have been thinking about going with the TT chip i hear alot of good things about that but I want to figure out what I have first.

you cant have a chip burnt until u know what size your inj. are of course. can you post a pic of an inj.? light blue is 24# and dark blue is 30# or 42# i think. thats if the whole top is colored, if they're striped then idk.

Bluetops are from the 90's Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe at 36 lbs. The factory TR injectors are 28 lbs. Good chance the original chip was replaced with a replacement eprom to match the injectors.

my 88 turbo coupe (thunderbird) has dark orange top (36#). bright orange is 19#, and i also have a set of ford motorsport 24# inj. and they are light blue tops. :)

my 88 turbo coupe (thunderbird) has dark orange top (36#). bright orange is 19#, and i also have a set of ford motorsport 24# inj. and they are light blue tops. :)

That may be true, but.... Dark topped ford blue tops(the ones many of us run) are 36#.

Been busy with school sorry for not posting for so long. Anyway here are my blue top injectors anybody have an idea of the size?

Attachments

• 101_0635.jpg
    101_0635.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 95
Yep, 36 lbs. Exactly like my blues and TT chip listed in the For Sale section. As Dave posted, it's the Dark blue color that distingushes a Ford bluetop.

See ya in a month lol. - Jimmy

ok thanks for the input. would it be worth my time to get a TT chip for these or should I get a whole new setup?

would it be worth my time to get a TT chip for these or should I get a whole new setup?

It would depend on your setup and goals...

Blues/TT are great for mostly stock cars and mild (TA49 or TE44) turbos. The adjustability is amazing and it can still idle and cruise like a pup.
My summer driver handled 25 psi on 94 octane & alcohol with no ill effects.
On the other hand, E85, bigger turbos and weekly bracket racing would need more injector IMO. The most popular being the Seimens/Mototron 60#s/TT setups.
Either way I'd highly recommend TT chips to match your car. As you may know, Eric at TT will make adjustments to your chip program to dial it in at no charge after the sale.
He'll even give you a bit of credit for your "classic" ROMs :)

HTH-Jimmy

Back