Question

Kevin Turch

I just got a new JC 100 chip, and it seems to be locking up the converter at 55 mph, first off, is this normal, secondly, i want to disable that from happening. I want to make a switch to disable it, but on gnttype.org there is 2 TCC options, one to force a lockup and one is the TCC defeat. Which one do u think i should use?

TIA
Kevin

ok

well that is normal mine does it around 47 or so... anyways go out and get it to lock up and keep your foot on the gas and push the brake some. the TCC lock up should go off. i dont know what is the best way to make a switch for it but why would you want to. im not sure why you wouldnt want it to lock up? is it locking up under full throttle?

brent

i just thought 55 was alittle bit too soon, thats all.
ill try that brake test in a bit, and report back
Thanks
Kevin

ok, tapping the brakes makes the rpm go up and unlock?. I guess i just have to get used to it is all, seems like it locks at about 55-60 or so.

It's Working OK

Sounds like all is well. If it was not doing this before, the only drawback I see is you will see about 5 or more MPG now! If you give it more throttle, it should also "Unlock" itself though.

After a botched tranny rebuild, mine will not lockup anymore. The goofball installed different pressure switches to solve a "Too Quick" overdrive engagement. I got tired of taking it back.

this is all new to me, as my original converter would not lock up, so when this happined i had no idea what it was or what it was supposed tofeel like, but like u said, it is working correctly, ill just leave it. The chip that was in there must of had a high mph lockup for me not to notice it.
thanks for all the help
Kevin