question?

V6-Sauce

hello, I have turbotweak5.7 chip 94 octane 17-18pounds of boost.....On the BLM's on the scantool -/+ 128 which is the best number. With in 10. Is it better lean or rich. I'm thinking lean, mine blm's are 137 on the scanmaster, fuel pressure around 42-43 psi vacuum line off. What do u guys think? alright

that's pretty good that Blm at idle ?, if so it will lower when driving but all sounds good

Looks to be fine to me, but I'm no TR Guru. Have you made some sort of recent modification/change that would make you question it?

It feels like it has nicer power at wot than running below 128(more richer) I think anyways...It's still within +/-10 by the chip. Everything else in the scanmaster#'s are good. makes cents.

That number doesn't mean the car is running richer, it just means the computer's adjusted fuel trip to put it where it needs to be. BLMs that are out of range usually indicate a problem somewhere, most often a vacuum leak.

You want it as close to 128 as you can because it leaves the computer with the most authority to alter it according to conditions. +/- 10 is a good range to be in. It leaves the computer plenty of room to work with, and indicated you likely don't have a vacuum leak.

WOT switches to a fixed table (open loop), so BLM doesn't really affect how it runs in that situation. But mucking with things like fuel pressure to center the BLMs will screw up your WOT fueling.

If you have to adjust fuel pressure to center the BLMs, then you need to talk to Eric and make sure he doesn't need to make an adjustment to your WOT fueling to compensate for the different base pressure.

The chip is perfect...I already talked to eric about running boostsane and at some point I might have to add wot fuel, if I do. It's a weekend car don't use alky or race gas jus the pump. Anyhow maybe I should try to replace the original EGR valve with a block off plate with silcone. I heard sometimes they leak out of that solenoid or area? All the other vacuum hoses are fine, same with the intake manifold gasket, everything been replaced. Same with injector seals.

or I could just raise the fuel pressure....to lower closer to 128

That's what I'm talking about.
If you raise the base pressure to center the BLMs, then might make the WOT fueling too rich.

You really need to be having this conversation with Eric, not us. He's the only one that knows what's in your chip.

I noticed that at WOT, before when my BLM's were like 134 closer to 128....but the fuel pressure seemed to up...46-48psi vacuum line off. wot didn't feel nice, felt like to much fuel. power was holding back

Last edited:
I don't see any knock with the blm's at 137 plus I'm still within -/+10 what the chip recommends. 02's are good 750-850 bouncing around