Question

regalgs

on my 97 regal, all i have done to it is a thrasher CAI and she is spiking high 9psi......should i put an exhaust system first or can i put the 3.4 pulley?..thx

3.4 should be fine. The colder weather is affecting your psi, this time of year.

To be sure scan the engine on a WOT run to make sure you are not getting too much KR.

I run a 2.8" through an IC and get 13 psi.

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
3.25 with u-bend will be all you need.
Actually, 3.25 with just a CAI and u-bend is not good. He will definitely see plenty of KR with that.

Like Mike said, in cold weather, that s/b OK. When it starts to warm up, have the u-bend and possibly resonator replaced with straight pipe.

The resonator won't do anything. I've seen a lot of exhaust work yield no gains. The u-bend is all you need in order to reduce back pressure. I've been running a 3.25 for almost 3 years now with no problems. I do get a lot of false knock due to my exhaust, but will have that taken care of with some DHP tuning.

18lbs? This is't a race car we're talking about here; it's a grocery getter. Don't replace you're resonator with staight pipe.

I replaced the ubend, and did the SLP cat-back. I love the sound, and very glad I did it! Sounds much better than that too quiet Buick ride.

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
18lbs? This is't a race car we're talking about here; it's a grocery getter. Don't replace you're resonator with staight pipe.
Yours might not be but mine is... :);)

Are you running 10's or faster? I doubt it; it's not a race car. I'm hoping for low 12's come spring with a small shot of nitrous. Mike Dye is doing the tranny with 3.29 gears and putting a cam in it as we speak. Then I'm doing the DHP tuning.

AND IT"S STILL NOT A RACE CAR.

Ya OK...

Why are you putting nitrous on a grocery getter? Don't want your ice cream to melt??

Are you saying Mike Dye's car is not a race car?

Originally posted by mcad_c
Ya OK...

Why are you putting nitrous on a grocery getter? Don't want your ice cream to melt??

LOL, I agree Mike. Yeah, neither is Zooomer's ... or Scott Cook's....... :p

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm putting nitrous on it to make it faster (obviously). :D

These cars weren't made to be raced otherwise they would be at least RWD and several hundred pounds lighter. I hate this term, but I'd say we're borderline domestic rice. For every GP that's fast, I see at least 2 that are riced out and 12 that are mom's cars. How many race cars have that kind of breakdown? Not many. I'm not trying to downplay the GP (cause obviously I ahve one and love it), but it will never be a race car. That's why I got a T.

BTW, the time in my sig is in 85+ weather and 6* of total timing. I've had some tuning issues with my PCM. My Mecham is not optimized for my combo (and never has been - I hate it).

I guess you have your own definition of a race car...

I define a race car as, a car that races.

BTW your T can't be a race car if it's slower than your GTP. :p

LOL, I know it's embarrasing. :( The T just needs to rest up over the winter and I know she'll be fine come spring. :cool:

Originally posted by mcad_c
I guess you have your own definition of a race car...

I define a race car as, a car that races.

BTW your T can't be a race car if it's slower than your GTP. :p
LMAO!!! :p

Just so you know I bought the T only four months ago, so it has the right to be slower than the GTP for awhile...

well, you say that you are putting nitrous on your car to make it faster. Dropping 18 pounds definatly wont make the car slower! plus it gives it a slightly better sound. drop the resinator and youll enjoy it.

I have full exhaust done; you're preaching to the choir. I don't think it's necessary to remove the resonator unless you want it to drone. I put the kit on before I bought the T and I'm not taking it off. I just want a fast daily driver.