You can type here any text you want

Questions about the RJC girdle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89ICBM

Howdy guys,

I have a couple of questions about girdling our motor, hopefully someone on this form has done it and can fill me in. Julio has already pointed out that the girdle will work with our motor when using the poly mounts, I have the poly mounts but have been recently informed that special brackets are needed. Does anyone know about this? Also, does the xover pipe need to be modified and if so, how. TIA

I´m installing a girdle from ESP Performance. Now this was a really nice piece.

I can´t figure out what would need to be modified because of using the girdle. But I guess I´ll find out in a couple of weeks when I get my block back from machining.

Originally posted by Lunkan
I´m installing a girdle from ESP Performance. Now this was a really nice piece.

I can´t figure out what would need to be modified because of using the girdle. But I guess I´ll find out in a couple of weeks when I get my block back from machining.

Hi Andreas,

I talked to John P a couple of hours ago and he told me that you had bought that piece from him. Please keep me informed on how your stuff goes together, it will be a big help. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, John got it for me. It´s a VERY stout piece, I was happily amazed of the quality. If anything will brake the lower end of the motor, it won´t be because of the crank not held in place ;)

There´s alot of machining and measuring involved with this girdle. I got it late friday, so I took it to my machinist today. He liked it ALOT. He will be away for a week, so I can´t give You any update within the next 2-3 weeks.

/Andreas

Jeepers Frank..what are you girdling :p

I saw a car at Cal Hartlines place that was girdled.. he said no problem.

Contact Ivan for the info.. dunno. I'll find out in a few months as well.

Originally posted by Razor

Jeepers Frank..what are you girdling :p
I saw a car at Cal Hartlines place that was girdled.. he said no problem.
Contact Ivan for the info.. dunno. I'll find out in a few months as well.

Julio,

Ivan says no way with out the plates he sells and the mod to the xover. Do you know what the guy did that owned the TTA you saw with the girdle? Didn't someone on this forum install a tubular K member and have problems?

Just wondering why someone couldn't cut 1/2" out of the oil pan and have no problems at all. That would make the bottom of the pan be in the same location as without the girdle. Any ideas why it hasn't been tried yet?

Ivan says no way with out the plates he sells and the mod to the xover. Do you know what the guy did that owned the TTA you saw with the girdle? Didn't someone on this forum install a tubular K member and have problems? [/B]

I'm not sure if Mike S. has his motor in yet, but he's in the k-member/girdle club. Steve from NY has a k-member and girdle in one of his cars. I have the k-member but haven't had a problem...because my motor is not in!

I can't see where you would have a problem. When you see the difference between the k-member and the stock unit, you would be amazed how much more room it creates.

Conversely, I was surprised the stock cross member was not as heavy as I expected and the k-member does not save "a lot" of weight. This is relative ...what is not a lot to me is probably a lot to someone looking for tenths.

Back