Quick fuel turbo carb

dmarx

been a while since I have posted. I'm the guy with the 28 Essex v-6 turbo. So, does any one have experience with the Quick Fuel Turbo carb? If so, how would it work on my '79 V-6 turbo.
Thanks
Dan

That's basically a modified Holley Dan. You can get a standard vacuum secondary holley and then modify it to do the same thing. Adam and Aj and I think Matt have the same thing. Look up boosted reference holley and you can find the directions on ho to make one.

This QFT carb is meant to be used in a blow through application and I'm certain it will perform as stated. This QFT carb is not needed with a oem drawthrough style induction setup.

OK, what do you mean by "not needed". I need to be educated! Will it work should I decide to use it.

Blow thru puts the carb after the turbo. The carb sees boost pressure and needs to be able to handle that boost. The Buick set up is a draw through, the carb is standard and doesn't see boost, so this type of carb is not necessary.

Good help Rich.
I was saying this particular carb isn't necessary on a factory draw through Buick setup. The emulsion circuit and fuel curve in the QFT carb is designed for reduced vacuum signal and being under pressure, both of which the draw through style will not operate under.
A normal Holley or similar carb can work on the factory draw through with no to little mods.

don't boost reference a vaccum secondary my engine builder said they do not work right . I ran one for years it now has a double pumper ha sold me from a company that builds draw threw blower carbs they asked a bunch of engine sec driving ,stall gear and tire height questions than sent the carberator