You can type here any text you want

Quick question about pets and Canada

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

notacarlo

eggs are liquid chicken
I'm trucking into Mont Tremblant via Champlain NY in a couple weeks. I want to bring my German Shepherd with me. Other than having a rabies certificate from my vet, do I need anything else? Is it difficult? Will they remove her from the truck and inspect her?

Thanks for your time, Merci,

Dan

I just asked around work here.... Just records of all shots should be all you need, basically a vet statement. From what I heard getting into Canada is not the problem, getting back to the states is more of an issue. Tell her not to get nervous, just relax, when they pull out the rubber gloves!!! Good luck and have a safe trip!!
Regards,
Tim

We take our dogs back and forth a couple times a year for shows. Not a problem. Most of the time they don't even ask to see any paperwork or take the dog out of the car.

They do open the doors to look at them so be aware of that. Ours travel in dog crates so there isn't a risk of them jumping out and running off.

Canada does of BSL but last I knew it did not encompass GS's.

Will

Back