You can type here any text you want

quick question about to do vac swapp????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

PowerMaster Diagnostics

read at the above link that increased pedal travel can be due to air sucking into proportioning valve. but theres a different diagnostic for a pump staying on.

my pedal goes all the way down, like a bad master. not hard. the brake light is on constant and so is the pump. only reason i ask is bc i found a new spare accumulator in my parts closet, and im not sure if i want to try it out, or just switch over to the vac brakes.

bc if its a leaky proportioning valve then ill still have an issue with the vac setup as well???

and im not sure if i should just sell the spare accumulator since im not sure this is something i can try out and remove??

I would try the other accumilator, quick and easy to change over. Just pump the brake pedal 25 times with the key off and unscrew it.

I did do the vacumn brake conversion on my 87 GN and love the results, though.

John

To many people have wrecked their cars becuase of these PowerMasters, just swap them out and get rid of the PM.

Back