You can type here any text you want

Quick question on Champion intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Is it a Champion stock ported or a Champion race (off-center) intake?

Both will function on stock iron heads.

Is it a Champion stock ported or a Champion race (off-center) intake?

Both will function on stock iron heads.

Champion Race. Right now I have a stock intake ported by Cartek and I'm just looking to move forward with what the car can be capable of

I think others will tell you it's overkill if not running quicker than 9.50's?

What are your goals?

I think others will tell you it's overkill if not running quicker than 9.50's?

What are your goals?

My ultimate goal is a 9.99. I don't have any plans of going quicker than 9.50 in the next couple years. Perhaps it's best to hold off?

Yea I'd put that money towards a good set of aluminum heads. You have a good bottom end?

Yea I'd put that money towards a good set of aluminum heads. You have a good bottom end?

I'm purchasing the bottom end stuff right now. It's tough. I wanted to give one company all my business, but the TA performance crankshaft is about $65 less than Full Throttle, GN1, Weber, etc. Then, Molnar rods are cheaper on Full Throttle than anywhere else, and bearings are cheaper on GN1. I'm all over the place trying to find the best deal, but i'm definitely ready to buy.

There is no gain for you to use the race intake and like turbo clam stated it is for 9.5 and faster applications. By the time you get the intake fuel rails and deal with the wiper coil pack interferance you will have close to a grand tied up in it. Fyi I am running upper 9,s with a ported stocker. You could call and state your dilemma to the the various vendors and see if they are willing to work on price. For a large order they miggkt work with you. Best of luck brother.

There is no gain for you to use the race intake and like turbo clam stated it is for 9.5 and faster applications. By the time you get the intake fuel rails and deal with the wiper coil pack interferance you will have close to a grand tied up in it. Fyi I am running upper 9,s with a ported stocker. You could call and state your dilemma to the the various vendors and see if they are willing to work on price. For a large order they miggkt work with you. Best of luck brother.

I'm not going to be stubborn and run an intake that isn't necessary. If one came up used for a great price, maybe, but paying MSRP for bragging rights isn't really what I'm after. That money can now go toward my fuel system :)

Also, Full Throttle ended up having the best prices on what I need after all. I found the Eagle crank for $499 and the Molnar rods for $519. I'm holding off on pistons until I can check the condition of my cylinder walls and get a definite idea of my deck height.

I'm not going to be stubborn and run an intake that isn't necessary. If one came up used for a great price, maybe, but paying MSRP for bragging rights isn't really what I'm after. That money can now go toward my fuel system :)

Also, Full Throttle ended up having the best prices on what I need after all. I found the Eagle crank for $499 and the Molnar rods for $519. I'm holding off on pistons until I can check the condition of my cylinder walls and get a definite idea of my deck height.
Awesome sounds like you are on the right path have fun some with your build.

Race intake is a waste of money.. Unless your planing on running in the 7s and faster.... Stock ported intake has been in the mid to high 8s and still has some room for more. Spend that money on some good aluminum heads. Just my .02 :)

Back