You can type here any text you want

Raced a BPU++ TT Supra Saturday

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SprchrgdPony

You Just Got WALKED
I set up a big meet for today with a bunch of different types of cars, and the biggest grudge match of the day was my 94 GT (about 450+rwhp) vs a BPU++ Supra TT that dyno'd 440rwhp on race gas (and yes, he was on race gas).. we went out to 27, the let cars cool down, and headed out to run. We went from a 2nd gear roll at about 50.. his passenger (video'er) did a count down since we couldnt hear his Horn..3..2..1.. and they jumped a little and we hammered it.. spun 2nd pretty hard but hooked up at the upper part of 2nd gear and had about a half car on him..slammed 3rd and he was even..RPMs climb in 3rd and we pull another half car on him.. slam 4th and he comes up at the door.. redline 4th (6300..but shifted at 6100) at around 145-148, we had about a half car length on him and he had to let out cause a truck with a boat pulled in the way right when we hit 5th gear in the stang. This race was filmed (from the Supra) and will be posted as soon as its sent to me. The guy was cool about it, we were gonna run again but the cops showed up..so we all left.

I had the Turbo Timer set to retard 7* Timing @ WOT.. and it boosted somewhere around 7-8#'s...on race gas and set it to pull out 2-4* timing it may have boosted around 9-10#'s and pulled on him a bit more.

Nice kill - those BPU Supra's are pretty great cars. But I must admit I'm more than a little curious as to why you posted your kill on a Turbo Buick Board?

Anyhow - nice kill.

I keep imagining the Mustang or Supra whacking that truck and boat at 145+ MPH. Now THAT would be somthing to see......

Natural Selection will catch up eventually.

I posted it here because 1. Im registered on this board. 2. because its a good race against another turbo car. 3. cause basicaly i can.

But thats right, if its not a Turbo Buick...you guys dont like it... actually....if its a MUSTANG...you guys dont like it. Most are just like the F-body guys :rolleyes: But I do know someone on this board and was told to post on here..so i do. Any more questions? Oh and one thing...could YOU hang with a BPU++ Supra to 145+?

Nice kill...

Nice kill, Will. Sounds like the mustang is running strong, I'll be coming out to get some in a few weeks. I want to run from a dig. Any "eta" on the posting of the video??

Guys, MY94pony is a cool guy I hang with at the shows down here, he just happens to have a serious mustake;) , JK Will. Give him some slack, he is a cool guy, and is very knowledgable about mustangs, similar to a few of the other members who occationly post here, (I.E.=Bob Cosby).

As for this comment,
"Oh and one thing...could YOU hang with a BPU++ Supra to 145+?"

The only race that matters on this board is the magic 1/4 mile, most on here including myself could care less about "hanging" with any car past the 1/4.

Alex

1. Good kill. We are glad to see any Supra go down, especially the ones that beat 9 sec GNs:)
2. Do you have a scan tool that tells how much KR you have. If not how do you know how much timing to pull?
3. Dont get so :mad: when someone asks you why you posted here. Personally I thought it was a good story and would like to see the video. There are plenty of turbo buicks that could run with the Supra at those speeds except for the fact that our cars float off the road at about 145mph.

Hey Alex...thats the problem. We cant run from a dig. We went from a 50 in 2nd with this supra..and spun like crazy til around 5K rpms...the car just doesnt hook on the BFG Comp T/A's. When there is a extra 350 laying around...some Nitto 555R's will go on :)

Im not sure when the video will be posted, but i will definetely post it after he gets it uploaded.

black buick.. BPU++ is.... Downpipe..Full exhaust.. BCC (Boost Cut Controller).. FMIC.. Cam Gears.. and there is a couple of other things i believe. BPU Supras pull mid-low 12's when driven good, and can put down anywhere between 350-380rwhp on Pump gas, and around 420rwhp on race gas with less then 2K in mods :)

also...the stang has a Jacobs Prostreet Ignition, and put in a Jacobs Boost Master Turbo Timer. It has a controller on their that can set the Boost Retard..and also Drive Retard. Boost Retard always stays at 0 (only run a base of 12* timing), and set the Drive Retard (pulls out whatever timing you select at WOT). Ad the turn of a knob, you can set it to pull out anywhere from 0* timing @ WOT to 15* Timing @ WOT.

Originally posted by SprchrgdPony

But thats right, if its not a Turbo Buick...you guys dont like it... actually....if its a MUSTANG...you guys dont like it. Most are just like the F-body guys :rolleyes:

My guess....this is because the F-body's USUALLY beat the Mustangs too! :D

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix

My guess....this is because the F-body's USUALLY beat the Mustangs too! :D

Thats funny...at the Jet Car Nationals at Moroso yesterday there was two local F-bodys, one dialed in with a 12.80...and the other a 13.00. Would have been funny to watch them go up against the big 5000+lbs Turbo Diesel Ford Truck thats pulls his race car that was runny 12.20's! :eek: :D

F-Body-GN thing..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But thats right, if its not a Turbo Buick...you guys dont like it... actually....if its a MUSTANG...you guys dont like it. Most are just like the F-body guys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do we classify if we have a F-Body with a GN power train?
Do we not like mustangs double? I guess we are like F-body guys and GN guys huh... I'd put a Gn engine in a Mustang.. good suspention/light body.. it'd fly! Several people have.. Excellet plan.
Good kill~Scott

I posted it here because 1. Im registered on this board. 2. because its a good race against another turbo car. 3. cause basicaly i can.

But thats right, if its not a Turbo Buick...you guys dont like it... actually....if its a MUSTANG...you guys dont like it. Most are just like the F-body guys :rolleyes: But I do know someone on this board and was told to post on here..so i do. Any more questions? Oh and one thing...could YOU hang with a BPU++ Supra to 145+?

Hey man, lighten up. I was just asking, ok? I'm sure if you are the Super-Ford-Flag-Waver you sound like, you would certainly ask if someone came over to The Corral or any other Ford BB and posted a kill story saying that their Turbo Buick had killed a (insert victim of choice) and neither vehicle was a Ford OR much less a Mustang. Understand now?

And who cares who told you post here? Post all you like as far as I'm concerned. Sheesh... ask one little question and we get the whole "You-guys-hate-Mustangs" litany. The racing world is big enough for everyone so you don't have to get so defensive.

Actually, Buick guys who actually like Mustangs are not nearly as few and far between as you would like to think. I'm one of them - I would love to have both a GN and a Cobra or a sweet 5.0. So you can let go of that stereo-type too. But if I want to read about Mustang kills, I would expect to read that over at the Ford BB's. If I drove a Ford I would post my kills over at the Ford BB's. So that's why your story on this BB seemed a little out of place.

So you beat a Turbo Powered car and that was the logic for posting a story about a Ford killing a Supra on a Buick board? Ok... I get it now. :rolleyes: So... any car that kills another car that has a motor should post their kills on any bulletin board that covers cars with motors? Sounds to me more like maybe you were trolling for someone who is into Turbo's read your kill of a Turbo'd (non-Buick) car by a Mustang and start waving a BS flag? Hmmm?

Anyhow... nice kill. And welcome to the board.

Originally posted by Raven
I'm sure if you are the Super-Ford-Flag-Waver you sound like, you would certainly ask if someone came over to The Corral or any other Ford BB and posted a kill story saying that their Turbo Buick had killed a (insert victim of choice) and neither vehicle was a Ford OR much less a Mustang. Understand now?

Maybe you ought to go over to the Corral, Stangnet, MustangWorks, etc... and see for yourself. Or you can take my word for it - if somebody posts a street-racing story where no Fords are involved, it doesn't come close to causing as big a stink on one of those boards as it does here simply because neither car was a Mustang/Ford. It may, however, erupt into a flame war for other reasons though.

It seems to me, that as a whole, the Mustang community is a little more tolerant to "outsiders" than the turbo Regal community. On the other hand, there is more rivaly within the Mustang community than there is within the turbo Regal community.

Originally posted by lyonsd
On the other hand, there is more rivaly within the Mustang community than there is within the turbo Regal community.

Seems to me, there is more of rivaly between the older fox body mustangs with the old school 302 powerplant vs. the new 4.6 power plant.

Shoebox

I actually posted it for someone who knows me and knew the race was gonna happen to hear the outcome since they didnt show up..cough.alex.cough :p

Actually, im on the Corral, Mustangworld, Stangnet, Mustangworks, etc., and no, nobody gets all pissy about someone else coming and talking about their LS1 Trans Am killing a Nova.

Raven...i know you were just asking and meant nothing by it...I just like coming back like that to see if people really take me seriously, if you knew me in person, you'd know im a jokester like that.

Yes, actually with the Mustangs its mostly a fight between us 5.0'ers and 4.6 guys..but we still al get along and dont have hate for other people coming on the board talking about their cars, unless its a ricer.

Yes, actually with the Mustangs its mostly a fight between us 5.0'ers and 4.6 guys..but we still al get along and dont have hate for other people coming on the board talking about their cars, unless its a ricer.

Ahhhh Since when is a 4.6 and 5.0 in the same category?? The only thing a 4.6 has against a 5.0 is drivability...

Sprchrgdpony,
Just curious..how boost do you run on the street? And maybe I missed it in the post somewhere, but what kind of 'charger do you have?

See ya,

Back