You can type here any text you want

Raced a BPU++ TT Supra Saturday

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's a story posted on the Corral involving a race between a BMW Z3 and a Lexus GS430.

Some of Raven's stories have been reposted on the Corral too. And they've always gotten a positive response too.

Originally posted by 5ohgotcha
Sprchrgdpony,
Just curious..how boost do you run on the street? And maybe I missed it in the post somewhere, but what kind of 'charger do you have?

See ya,

The car makes anywhere from 6-9#'s on the street. The blower is a Paxton SN93 which has been upgraded to a VR4 model (Can handle more boost). Its pullied for 6psi, but has a AFM 4 Inch powerpipe that has added a good 2-3psi extra.

Originally posted by SprchrgdPony
I set up a big meet for today with a bunch of different types of cars, and the biggest grudge match of the day was my 94 GT (about 450+rwhp) vs a BPU++ Supra TT that dyno'd 440rwhp on race gas (and yes, he was on race gas).. we went out to 27, the let cars cool down, and headed out to run. We went from a 2nd gear roll at about 50.. his passenger (video'er) did a count down since we couldnt hear his Horn..3..2..1.. and they jumped a little and we hammered it.. spun 2nd pretty hard but hooked up at the upper part of 2nd gear and had about a half car on him..slammed 3rd and he was even..RPMs climb in 3rd and we pull another half car on him.. slam 4th and he comes up at the door.. redline 4th (6300..but shifted at 6100) at around 145-148, we had about a half car length on him and he had to let out cause a truck with a boat pulled in the way right when we hit 5th gear in the stang. This race was filmed (from the Supra) and will be posted as soon as its sent to me. The guy was cool about it, we were gonna run again but the cops showed up..so we all left.

I had the Turbo Timer set to retard 7* Timing @ WOT.. and it boosted somewhere around 7-8#'s...on race gas and set it to pull out 2-4* timing it may have boosted around 9-10#'s and pulled on him a bit more.

How are you doing 50mph at the begining of second or even the middle of second gear???Just curious ,its been 8yrs since I had my 91LX

I posted it here because 1. Im registered on this board. 2. because its a good race against another turbo car. 3. cause basicaly i can.

But thats right, if its not a Turbo Buick...you guys dont like it... actually....if its a MUSTANG...you guys dont like it. Most are just like the F-body guys :rolleyes: But I do know someone on this board and was told to post on here..so i do. Any more questions? Oh and one thing...could YOU hang with a BPU++ Supra to 145+?

What kind of crap is this??? what the hell is wrong with "US" F-Body guys??? Sound like another Mustang owner... why are all you people such @#$@$%#%.... Everytime a mustang owner come here or any other boards they are pricks... WHY??? :confused: Hate "US" F-body guys becuase we kill your mustangs all the time??? I mean come on... We dont come here to get flamed... We come here to read a good kill story....

Actually....i said YOU F-body owners because most are *******s and are ignorant against Mustang guys when a Mustang owner comes to a GM/Buick Forum to post a kill or anything. I actually hang out with the local F-body club and have no problem with them and they are all great. You seem to be the type of F-body owner i cant stand.

But anyways...here is 2 pictures from out at 27..

First one is heading out to go turn around and run..
939-1530-15879-thumb.jpg

Here is one at 140+ racing.. Who is ahead? :)
939-1530-15880-thumb.jpg

The video should be up real soon..so i'll post it hopefully tonight.

Re: Re: Raced a BPU++ TT Supra Saturday

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r

How are you doing 50mph at the begining of second or even the middle of second gear???Just curious ,its been 8yrs since I had my 91LX

Was already in 3rd and dropped down to 2nd when we lined up.. the RPM's werent real low..but were somewhere around 3K area..

Actually....i said YOU F-body owners because most are *******s and are ignorant against Mustang guys when a Mustang owner comes to a GM/Buick Forum to post a kill or anything. I actually hang out with the local F-body club and have no problem with them and they are all great. You seem to be the type of F-body owner i cant stand.

But anyways...here is 2 pictures from out at 27..

First one is heading out to go turn around and run..
939-1530-15879-thumb.jpg

Here is one at 140+ racing.. Who is ahead? :)
939-1530-15880-thumb.jpg

The video should be up real soon..so i'll post it hopefully tonight.
Man, those pictures are HUGE. Could you post some smaller pictures.;)

Ryan

VERY cool vid. And the woman driving the SC'd Stang is a very good driver. As far as who won I guess it would really matter as to how far they were racing? I have no doubt that if they had ran from a stop the Supra would have toasted the Stang easily OR if the driver of the Supra hadn't missed a shift then it would have been a lot different too.

However, it looks pretty obvious that the Supra is the stronger car but - that Stang is definitely no slouch. Nice race. All things being considered, I would say it was the Supra's race to lose. No missed shift on the Supra's part and the Stang would have been toast pretty quick.

Great vid. And that Stang is incredible. :cool:

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r

BSB

I would say the Supra wasteed the Mustang ,but had to hit the breaks for the boat up ahead,,what do you think...

My observations were as follows, since i know both cars pretty well.

A. The mustang is a 306, with a charger and all the other goodies, but it was running on pump fuel which limited the timing and boost it could run in the race, i believe it was running in 7-9 psi range...

B. On the other end the Supra was on a race gas tune from what I understand running a undisclosed amount of boost(honestly I haven't seen the amount of boost he was running mentioned anywhere)

If you guys read the thread, you will see the agreed race was a 40-120 run, where it appears to me the mustang was about 1 car length ahead, mostly due to driver error on the supra's part, since everytime you hear the supra shift he falls back, and then gains back the ground lost rather quickly. Then they stay in it, past the 120 mark, which is obviously in favor of the supra, and the supra would have "pulled by" if that truck did not pop up in the way. But regardless of result, I think this mustang would have hung very close even if the driver of the supra was a better driver.

Both cars are impressive machines, and I would like to be "live" for the rematch. I think from a dig, the advantage would go to the torquey mustang if it could hook, the women driving that mustang(94ponys MOM!) can drive. On the big end of things, the obvious winner would be the supra, but i wonder what would have happened if the mustang was on race gas and running more boost or if the supra was on pump fuel and running less?? I think the mustang would take the supra pump vs pump, or even race gas vs. race gas. In this particular race, the mustang had three things going against it.

1. mustangs are strong out of whole, which this race was from a role(supra's favor)
2. Mustang on pump fuel vs. Supra on race fuel(more boost)
3. Higher speeds-anything after roughly 130 favors the six speed supra, gearing included.

Thats my thoughts, When my car is ready, I want a piece of both cars, 1/4 mile, from a dig. :D

Shoebox

Hey Ashpalt and Raven... the Supra indeed is very strong, but HP vs Hp (with him on race gas) the numbers are pretty close. Like alex stated, the stang had everything against it. We went from the Supra game, where he had awesome traction, and if you know anything about racing, you can hear the stang bring the RPMs pretty high then drop down and shoot out. We spun pretty hard from a 50 roll. His car is also geared more for top end (why they are so dominating at 140+), as the stang is not.

Alex... thats great...but you wont have the chance. After June 5th, the car is sold and on its way up to GA. You can have your chance against the 87 when its finished though :)

Back