You can type here any text you want

Raced a Nija on the street

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
I drove my car to work one night(I work swing) and on the way home a guy was following me on a Ninja.He pulled up next to me at a light and started reving up his slpater bike and was feeling like he could blow me off. I just happen to have my slicks,skinnys and C16 with the race program still in the car set on kill(30lbs boost)
from the weekend.
When i drove by the guy with his wheel in the air he had to be saying what the hell was that:confused: Bikes are the most fun to pick on because they figure NOBODY can touch them.He just gave up after about 1/8 mile of looking at my tail lights getting smaller. He pulled off on a side street because im sure he didnt want to face me at the next light:) The road we were on is fresh pavement and the car hooked great.I guess that will teach him to race a Monte Carlo :cool: LOL

ninja

Geno,

i was laughing my azz off about the Monte Carlo comment. last year i had a kid in a dodge POS tell me, "nice Monte Carlo" as i pulled into the drive thru at the bank. i looked at my GF, laughed and said, "no, it's a Grand National... but thanks anyway." the Monte was home in the garage resting. :D

Great kill Geno...

The guy on the Ninja must of felt pretty stupid getting beat by a big granny Buick or Monte LOL, and what if he found out that it was "gasp" a V6!!!:D

I love it when people say its a Monte. It use to bug me but then
when i painted the car a Black Peal Jade to make it different than all the other GN,S i realized that was what i wanted,was to make it so people look at it and are not sure what it is.Ive been in the same club for 2 years and i still get guy coming up to me saying ,is this thing green!!!! I had 2 guys come up to my car at the track and say we just lost 10 bucks that this car cant be green because they only made them black.The guys at the track in the tower have called it the black Monte and me and my friend laugh our asses off.I say thats perfect when they say the black Monte runs a low 10 ( Wrong color and wrong car) HE HE
One time after work on the way home a couple of friends of mine were at the same light.One guy in his 5.slow a the other on his honda 750. they took off from the light and were racing and i drove by both of them.The next day the guy on the bike comes up to me and said that he went home and was checking out his bike and putting some plugs in it because he had NEVER been beaten by a car before. LOL Then he said what was the noise that sounded like high pitch wine when you went by. I said that a turbo and he said thats what that was:confused:
Here is a picture that shows it green and very dirty from trailering it to the track.

Attachments

• pa120004.jpg
    pa120004.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 432
SICK!

Geno,

That is sick man, U must have all the fun. Nines on the street car is absolutely ridiculuos. The look on that guys face, must have been priceless.:cool: If i ever get mine going that fast, jezz there is going to be some shocked people in my neck of the woods(S. Florida is the s*&t talking capital of the world when it comes to "fast cars") Anyway, Nice Kill.

Shoebox

Gene, your car is as beautiful as it is 'wicked' fast (as they say in the east)! Makes me drool all over myself :-)

florida is the S**T talkin capital of the world? I THINK NOT!!!

DUDE!!!!! BURLINGAME CALIFORNIA has the MOST S**T talking EVER! there are rumors that my 86 T type raced a car it never did and lost! the worst part about it is the car i "lost" to is a 78 camaro that blows black smoke outa the tale pipe when it strugles to move its fat 4500 lb butt off the line. also, i get guys in jeeps challenging me in my "v6 regal" and thinking they will win. even worse, after i SPANK them they still tell every one that they almost won. lol ANY wayz, SWEET car dude. that paint looks so sweet! HOW do u run over 30 lbs of boost????? how is that done?????? is there enough room for threads on the waistgate rod?

Re: florida is the S**T talkin capital of the world? I THINK NOT!!!

Originally posted by SMOKIN86T
DUDE!!!!! BURLINGAME CALIFORNIA has the MOST S**T talking EVER! there are rumors that my 86 T type raced a car it never did and lost! the worst part about it is the car i "lost" to is a 78 camaro that blows black smoke outa the tale pipe when it strugles to move its fat 4500 lb butt off the line. also, i get guys in jeeps challenging me in my "v6 regal" and thinking they will win. even worse, after i SPANK them they still tell every one that they almost won. lol ANY wayz, SWEET car dude. that paint looks so sweet! HOW do u run over 30 lbs of boost????? how is that done?????? is there enough room for threads on the waistgate rod?

I know what you mean about talking SH%%
A few weeks ago i went to the track and this girl came up to me and asked if that was my car and i said yes.Then she asked if i lived near a guy named Rick and i said yess.Then she started flipping me crap about how i said that my car was faster and beat her and her husbands 62 Vette with a small block on the bottle.I told her that when this guy Rick asked me if my car was faster i said yess.(Was i going to say no so nobody gets there feeling hurt) I knew my car was faster because ive seen the car run a few time and it never ran faster that 10,40,sThen she said how fast have you gone in this car and i said 9.90 136 mph and she backed off. I told her that i would line up with them and they didnt want any part of that. I ran low 10,s and they ran high 10,s that day.There car was a legend in the area at one time and is verry fast but
now days a little wind up Honda can run low 10,s with a hair dryer on it. I know of 2 in the area that are faster ..

Attachments

• burn out.jpg
    burn out.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 333
Hey where did that thread go?

I was there that night! I swear it! that guy in his Monte could barely beat me, and I was in a BMW Isetta.
That monte carlo was a POS rusted out brown hunk a hit automatic 305. There's more power in a pack of kool aid!

Turbo my ass! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: Great kill Geno...

Originally posted by 86brick
The guy on the Ninja must of felt pretty stupid getting beat by a big granny Buick or Monte LOL, and what if he found out that it was "gasp" a V6!!!:D
Yeah, he musta felt real stupid on his "gasp" 250cc, two cyclinder Ninja! Maybe next time you should find a bigger challenge...like perhaps a Vespa or similarly high powered scooter!:rolleyes:

Ninja

HY,
last time i checked they made Ninja's in several different sizes. on the low end there was the 250cc (IMO a minibike), a ZX-6 Ninja, and the ZX-7 Ninja (in the full 748cc flavor). oooh, they also made a ZX-9, ZX-10 (997cc here), ZX-11, and the papa -> ZX-12 in full flavor 1199cc. sooo, i'm SURE that GENO did NOT just race a 250cc Ninja. they didn't make very many of this CC for several reasons...including not many squirrels (read: Hysyde) wanted this tiny of a bike. the chances that he raced a higher power 11 possibly 10 second bike is much more likely. so, before spouting OFF like a TROLL know what you're talking about. thank you. :)

Originally posted by FastDriver
What does it take to give a bike a good run?

10s and you have most of your bases covered. Low 10s and you have the fast ones covered. Stock ones, of course. Bike owners tend to tweak them out, too.

There's a cool video of a 10.9 Firehawk (has 10.90 dial in on his windsheild) messing around with a couple of 10 second bikes on the highway floating around. I got it from ls1.com (It's called bikes.mpa). It's 13 MB, but worth a watch. Cameraman (passenger i the 'Hawk) did an awesome job). I think I got it from their kill section. A friend of mine has a Suzuki TLR 1000, so I like to show him that cars can run with bikes sometimes.

http://harlan.sketchy.net/harlan/bikes.mpg

Jim

Re: Ninja

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
HY,
last time i checked they made Ninja's in several different sizes. on the low end there was the 250cc (IMO a minibike), a ZX-6 Ninja, and the ZX-7 Ninja (in the full 748cc flavor). oooh, they also made a ZX-9, ZX-10 (997cc here), ZX-11, and the papa -> ZX-12 in full flavor 1199cc. sooo, i'm SURE that GENO did NOT just race a 250cc Ninja. they didn't make very many of this CC for several reasons...including not many squirrels (read: Hysyde) wanted this tiny of a bike. the chances that he raced a higher power 11 possibly 10 second bike is much more likely. so, before spouting OFF like a TROLL know what you're talking about. thank you. :)

Thanks
NOSjohnWE4

Some people jusy want to come on other boards just to stir up crap:confused: The day i ran that bike the car was set on kill with c16 and 30lbs boost. Two weeks later with the same program,tires,fuel,ect it went 9.90 136 mph
Not bad for a stock block buick:D

Re: Ninja

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
HY,
last time i checked they made Ninja's in several different sizes. on the low end there was the 250cc (IMO a minibike), a ZX-6 Ninja, and the ZX-7 Ninja (in the full 748cc flavor). oooh, they also made a ZX-9, ZX-10 (997cc here), ZX-11, and the papa -> ZX-12 in full flavor 1199cc.
Huh? Really?! Kawasaki makes more than one size of Ninja? Who knew? :rolleyes:
sooo, i'm SURE that GENO did NOT just race a 250cc Ninja. they didn't make very many of this CC for several reasons...including not many squirrels (read: Hysyde) wanted this tiny of a bike. the chances that he raced a higher power 11 possibly 10 second bike is much more likely. so, before spouting OFF like a TROLL know what you're talking about. thank you. :)
Oh I see...you're sure it wasn't a 250. OK, as long as you're sure. You see, most cagers tend to stupidly generalize and call any sportbike a 'Ninga' and most don't realize it may be a 500 or 250 and not all that fast.
Oh, and BTW, fortunately my ego didn't impede my choice of a first bike and I had no embarrassment or quams about riding a somewhat slower and smaller bike (a Ninga 500). This helped to allow me to safely and responsibly begin riding. I now choose to ride bigger and faster bikes, so I guess that makes me a squirrel?:rolleyes:

CAGES BLOW!:eek:

Awesome kill Gene. a 9 second buick on the street now that's the sh@t.................................................................:D

Hysadye

No matter what it was, 50cc 250 cc 500cc etc etc etc. It was a bike and it got killed.:D

Oh I see...you're sure it wasn't a 250. OK, as long as you're sure. You see, most cagers tend to stupidly generalize and call any sportbike a 'Ninga' and most don't realize it may be a 500 or 250 and not all that fast.
Oh, and BTW, fortunately my ego didn't impede my choice of a first bike and I had no embarrassment or quams about riding a somewhat slower and smaller bike (a Ninga 500). This helped to allow me to safely and responsibly begin riding. I now choose to ride bigger and faster bikes, so I guess that makes me a squirrel?

All i know is that it doesnt matter what SPLATTER BIKE it was:D
Its not verry often that a fast street bike looks at the tail lights of a car on the street:p There is only 1 or 2 street bikes that can run in the 9,s that i know of at least:cool: You better have a large set of nuts resting over the headlight to launch it hard enough to catch a car that can run 1.36 60fts at the track.My car hooks pretty good on the street with the slicks on:eek: Maybe if i ever get another chance i can put one of those 250 mini bikes in the trunk and say i beat him with a 250 LOL

Back