You can type here any text you want

Racetronix hanger harness question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
Anybody know where purple wire from float connects to? I tried plugging it into each of the two unused ports in the bulkhead and it blew the hotwire fuse both times. Thanks.

I believe its the ground for the fuel gage. Since the fuse blew, the rheostat may be fried.

It worked fine when I removed it. What would happen if I put a ground wire in the bulkhead, just for testing purposes?

To answer my question, grounding the bulkhead caused the gauge to go from full to empty. Also I figured out that the purple wire should go to the port next to the red wire (opposite the black wire). AND, connecting the black wire soldered on top of the hanger to a good ground is what's causing the hotwire fuse to blow!

I don't know if this is what happened to me but when I received my new hot wire from Racetronix, if I remember correctly the purple wire was crossed with another wire. I called Racetronix and we figured it out. I swapped the wires and they sent me a new relay, it damaged the new one that came with the kit. Good luck.

No this is the hanger harness that plugs into the hotwire. It isn't mentioned very much and doesn't come with instructions.

I got the car running. The positive and negative wires were swapped in the harness. I couldn't understand why there was no fuel pressure but the pump was running. Turns out it was running in reverse. Thanks to Nick Micale and Rick Lutz for their expert advice.

Back