Racing Fuel

toddmingnworld

Undead1
Can anybody tell me where I can get some racing gas from locally...(TurboBlu I think is what they say u should be using) I'm about 5 minutes from Detroit & would like to begin
playing with my boost levels, anyone...

Thanx

Todd

Turbo Blue

I'm not sure exactly where you are in Metro Detroit, but there are quite a bit of Sunoco's that have the turbo blue (110 leaded).

Sunoco 100 Unleaded

13 Mile Rd. & Ryan- Warren

Levan & Plymouth Rd.- Livonia

8 Mile Rd. E. of Telegraph- Detroit/Southfield

Speedy-Q, Lapeer Rd., downtown Lapeer

Across from Ramchargers- Plymouth

Milan Dragway

Sunoco 104 Unleaded

Citgo, 24 Mile Rd. & Gratiot- Chesterfield Twp.

Sunoco, Middlebelt & Grand River- Farmington Hills

Livernois (Main St.) N. of 15 Mile Rd.- Troy

‘76 110

Marathon, 12 Mile Rd. & Gratiot - Roseville

BP, Sherwood & 9 Mile Rd. - Warren

Citgo, Hayes & Canal

Citgo, Woodward between 14 Mile and 15 Mile

Torco 110

Mobil, 10 Mile Rd. & Gratiot - Eastpointe

Mobil, 10 Mile Rd. & Rushton - South Lyon

Milan Dragway

Turbo Blue 108

Sunoco, Martin & Gratiot- Roseville

Sunoco, 16 Mile Rd. & Gratiot- Clinton Township

Citgo, SW corner of Rochester & Auburn Rd.

CAM-2 115

M19 & Deckerville Rd. (Best Place Party Store)- Ubly

C-16

Angelucci Racing, 22 Mile Rd. and Romeo Plank, Macomb Township

White Racing, 9 Mile Rd. & Schoener, Warren

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/1226/

HTH,
Scott

Scott,

Thanks alot....I want to go as high as possible....The 110 octane fuel sounds good...I want to be able to crank the boost up
to 21 pounds on my stocker but I wonder if I can run that safely with about 5 or 6 gallons of 110 mixed with amoco 93??
Also do you know how much it is per gallon...Guess I could call and find out though....

Todd

Scott,

Geez I just noticed that the sunoco 104 you said is unleaded as in it won't foul up my o2 sensor? Wow, that's pretty cool...Do you know though how much boost can be run....I would think on a full tank of this stuff no more than 20 psi's....What do you think?

Thanx,

Todd

Todd,

When you start mixing 93 and 104 or 110 the octane #'s go down. I would get as much 93 out and put in as much 104-116 as you can afford. Yes the unleaded will not screw up your o2. But I would rather lose an o2 then a headgasket:D . You ever think about an alky injection? I put it on my car and run 24-25 psi on 93 gas. It's one of the best things I have done to the car. It's a blast to drive now! I would start turning the boost up a pound at a time and watch your o2 and knock.

HTH,
Scott

there's a Citgo station on Hayes Road just south of 19 Mile road that has a 110 pump on the side of the building. Last time I bought 110 there it was $3.59 a gallon. If you're going to crank up the boost the more octane the better. I hate changing head gaskets!

Scott,

Thanks alot for the advice....My best bet is to get rid of all that 93 hey....See I've never used race gas before but from what I hear these cars really come alive on that high octance juice...:D

Yeah I thought about the alky kit, but my local TR guy doesn't do alot of em I guess to be comfortable, I'm not too sure though but I can get race gas right at Milan though huh....Do you know any local guys that will be getting together to head over to Milan anytime soon...I hope to go this year....

Todd

I'm up for another track rental at milan.
get a alcohol kit and never look back,need any help give me a shout Warren,MI area

The alky kit is easy to install and use.Where abouts do you live? I'm in Farmington Hills. If your close I could help you out. I don't know when a bunch of G/N-TR guys are going to the track. July 25th Milan is having a Buick day. I'm going to try and make that.

Scott

Eddie,

I know nothing about alcohol injection...I'm as dumb as a doorknob....I've paid out alot of money to my vendor to work
on my car for me so I'm really clueless and I'm trying to learn..Kinda scared sometimes because I'm a little afraid that
I might screw something up....Send me an PM/email when you know for sure when you're going to the track & I'll be their with car in hand...:cool:

Scott,

You're not too far. I stay in Oak Park (About 4 blocks from 696 & Coolidge Hwy) Let's try to get together..I spoke to another GN owner over the weekend and I'm going to try to buy a set of used drag radials from him in a couple of weeks so I get some sort of traction out here...My wheels now just suck & it came back to bite over the weekend...

Todd

what is the octane rating on the c-16
i have heard of people using it but never knew what it iis rated at

Angelucci Racing, 22 Mile Rd. and Romeo Plank, Macomb Township
where EXACTLY is it located
i live at 22 and romeo plank about 1/2 mile west of romeo plank on 22 mile

never seen or heard of that place
if that location is correct i would be really happy
thanks!!:D :D

C-16 is 117 motor octane. Angelucci Racing is there on Romeo Plank. Its hard to find. Its his house with a pole barn in the back. I could not find it so I called when I was out there and he told me where it was(the address). I can't remember it.

HTH,
Scott

just on romeo plank as being the first house past 22 if you are going north or the house when going south....

i have an idea on where it is but just wondering exactly

do you remember how much he charges per gallon?

I think its on the eastside of romeo plank. Not sure what house it was. Call and ask when you head out that way. It was like $8 something:eek:

HTH,
Scott