You can type here any text you want

Radiator change time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

Putting in a 3 core tomorrow and was wondering if there are any "hidden" items to watch for. Need all I can get out here in the desert. Another core and an inch wider shouldn't hurt things too much. By the way I got this thing for $111.00 from autoradiator 1-800-252-0333 or www.radiator.com. Two days and it was at the door.

Also, is it normal for the vac/smog pump to sound as though it has a vac leak? For some reason the car sounds as though it has a exhuas/vac leak until it warms up and the noise is coming from the pump area.

As long as the hoses match up, you should not have a problem installing. Sounds like you got a great price :)
(you more than likely have it in already, I've been a little slow)

The smop pump I beleive does not kick in until it's warmed up. It will discharge the air to the bypass vent located front driver's side. That should be the noise you hear.

i have about 900 bucks worth of work coming up for my car and a couple of the "upgrades" for the car is a better radiator and an electric fan. i have a OEM 2 row with a belt driven fan and i do not like this setup one bit. most of the cooling system is less than 3 years old (this includes: water pump, fan clutch, radiator, 160 degree thermostat) and it still doesnt cool like i want it to. it runs even hotter when the a/c is on (it's puked coolant out the overflow tank before) so i figure on getting a 3rd gen f-body aluminum core/plastic tank radiator and a black magic fan. OTHER g-body owners have done the radiator swap with good results and an electric fan never hurts! the radiator is only 120 from a local dealer (thats an everyday price) but the fan is going to cost 190 bucks but it does come with everything i need down to an a/c relay and an adjustable thermostat. i could go with a ramcharger dual fan set up but i think having the convience of a set up with everything i need along with more airflow (2800 CFM compared to RCs 2340 CFM dual fan set up) is worth the extra money. it also has the controls built right into the shroud.

i'm not in the desert but i am in an area where it gets down right nasty during the summer and i hate being hot and my car doesnt appreciate it either. i also figure less drag on the engine would free up some power and with a r-134a conversion an electric fan would help.

sure hope to get all this crap done in the next month or so. i want to get it all done at once (because all the mods tie in together) so i have to save up a little bit.

Back