Radiator fan motor

national86

Does anyone know where I can get one ,new or rebuilt fan motor. My motor just stop working. the only way to get it to work was pushing on the bolts where the wires connect. I did take it apart and it is the bushes ,so I bent the metal tab to lift the brushes and it now works ,but its is probably a temporary fix. I check all auto parts stores (Advanced Auto ,Auto Zone and Napa)and nobody has it. So where can I get one? I dont know how long my fix will last.
Thanks

I was just on GBodyparts site and seen the dual fan set up he has. Does anyone know if that fan will work the same as the stock one or will it only be one speed. My stock one has the high speed fan switch, will it work with my switch or will I have to get the daul fan with the Hi-low relays.
Thanks

you can use it with the existing relays.... im not sure if it is wired for hi/lo or just high... IMO it is worth it over a stocker though

The dual fans that Gbody sells that have the Caspers wiring plug n play harness are wired as follows:

The new dual fans have a low and high speed capability but they are setup to only come on in HIGH speed mode.

So weather the a/c or ECM or the coolant switch tells the fans to come thru the GN's factory low and/or high speed relays , the dual fans will come on in high speed only. The factory relays are only used now to send a signal to the two new relays that come with the dual fans. Both of the new relays go to BOTH fans(parallel wired) and turn BOTH of them on in high speed mode.

Clear as mud???:D

brushes

Grainger sells fan brushes, but I am not sure what size we need for our fans. I too just want to replace the brushes as my fan works great, but the brushes are worn. Anybody know what the part number is? :confused: