Radiator no good

Heavy1Mcgee

Ive been reading the different thread on cooling and radiators do the f-body radiators work good with the factory fan with using the a/c or do I need the dual ram fans for this sat up to work? Also what year f-Body radiator do you use for this sat up?

Fbody rad will work better than your old radiator bar none. Never tryed it with a stock fan but you can get the dual fans for under $100 on ebay shipped so It would be a good investment as long as they last.

Fbody rad will work better than your old radiator bar none. Never tryed it with a stock fan but you can get the dual fans for under $100 on ebay shipped so It would be a good investment as long as they last.
What year F-body Rad to get?

They are ok-they have pastic tanks. Which will eventually leak but ive had mine in my car for 4 years with nothing but good service. Then they were cheep I got mine for around $100.

They are ok-they have pastic tanks. Which will eventually leak but ive had mine in my car for 4 years with nothing but good service. Then they were cheep I got mine for around $100.
That will work thanks for the reply.

I got one without the cooler and ran my own, external cooler for tranny--always better.

Comes with the trans cooler but not the oil cooler. I ditched my oil cooler lines and never looked back. Do a search on here about whether or not to keep the oil cooler and you'll see a thousand different opinions. I read enough to convince me to get rid of mine and have not had a problem.

Comes with the trans cooler but not the oil cooler. I ditched my oil cooler lines and never looked back. Do a search on here about whether or not to keep the oil cooler and you'll see a thousand different opinions. I read enough to convince me to get rid of mine and have not had a problem.
Thanks you have a big help!

I got one without the cooler and ran my own, external cooler for tranny--always better.

i just got a radiator for my 86 Camaro a month ago- the same one people get for their GN's- and there wasn't a choice of manual or auto trans. they all come with the trans cooler built in.. at least at NAPA..
cost was right around $130.
the only choice was HD cooling or non HD cooling.. i got the HD one, and it is pretty big and beefy for an aluminum rad with plastic tanks. it's a single core that's about 1.25" thick and it does a damn good job of cooling my Camaro.. the only problem i had was the drain plug- the plastic insert that the plastic drain plug screws into was stripped out and got pushed out when the system built pressure.. i fixed it by taking the same pieces out of the crusty stock 82 Trans Am radiator that i had laying around and putting them in.. so watch the drain plugs..