Radiator ?????

3.8L V-8 eater

Hey to all!!!

I just purchased an F-body replacement radiator for a 91' 5.7 litre to replace my stock leaker. I already have an external tranny cooler to hook up so that's taken care of. My question is do I have to get an external oil cooler also or can I use the radiator to cool the oil??? It apperars to have an oil cooler on it but not a tranny cooler has anybody else done it that way???

Thanks!!!
Tony

The fittings on the F-body radiator will not work with the stock oil cooler lines. Many people with the F-body radiator go with an external oil cooler. Some people argue that an oil cooler is not needed at all, but these motors put a lot of heat into the oil.

Read here for more info on the swap:
F-Body Radiator Installation

f-body radiator swap

Just did this on my car, man what a difference, car stays below 170 all the time, no matter what the ambient temp. I already had an external trans cooler so I just bypassed the radiator cooler (which is no good anyway, why would you want your trans fluid heated up to 200+ degrees before you send it back to the trans?). Added an external oil cooler from summit. All total job cost about $165. for radiator, oil cooler and hardware. My old stock radiator is on ebay so we'll see if I can recoop some cost. :D

Just did this on my car, man what a difference, car stays below 170 all the time, no matter what the ambient temp. I already had an external trans cooler so I just bypassed the radiator cooler (which is no good anyway, why would you want your trans fluid heated up to 200+ degrees before you send it back to the trans?). Added an external oil cooler from summit. All total job cost about $165. for radiator, oil cooler and hardware. My old stock radiator is on ebay so we'll see if I can recoop some cost. :D

Got an e-bay link?

Thanks for the replys guys!! I'm going to get an external oil cooler just wanted to make sure I couldn't use the oil cooler on the radiator. Black Metal thanks for the link!!!

Tony...