You can type here any text you want

radilas and bias ply tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Will i have drivability issues if i run MT DR's ( Radials ) on the rear of my car and 28 7.5 15 MT sportsman's ( Biasply's ) on the front ?

In a word...yes. The tires react differently to the road surface and will grip differently. Don't do it.

I was contemplating doing the same thing and did a pretty good amount of reading on the subject. The general consensus seems to be that radials on the back and bias on the front is ok if you have to do it. Radials on the front and bias on the back is a no no. Also, I think this more applies to cars with similar sized tires. No matter what type of tire construction you run, if you have skinnies on the front it's going to handle poorly and understeer anyway. Taking that into consideration, I street drive mickey thompson radial dr's in the back and 26x7.5 bias ply sportsman's up front. It handles poorly but that's to be expected, it's not a death machine for any reason other than you have half the tread up front as before. I wouldn't necessarily have done anything different if I had the opportunity to do it over again.

I used to run radials in the front and bias MT ET Streets in the rear. At 50+ mph I could see the hood of the car vibrate!!! Now with all radials, there is no vibration at any speed. Why not get an extra set of front wheels and run radials on he street and put the skinnies on when you go to the track.

Back