You can type here any text you want

Radio in glove box?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I just got a new radio (Pioneer DEH-P47DH).

I like the look of the stock radio so I am wondering if the Pioneer would go in the glove box?

Assuming it fits, what would the effect be on CD's and overheating if it were in there? I could place cushy foam around it to keep it from bouncing but I suspect that would not be good for it as it needs to vent.

Anyone have a radio in the glove box or should I just scrap the stock look and put it in place of the stocker?

I recomment scrapping the stocker. I've got a '67 Cadillac Deville Convertible and I installed the Clarion CD player in the glovebox. I fabricated the brackets and ran fresh wiring. It works great, but I've got to drive with the glovebox open if I want to change the channels or anything. It's also a PITA to change CDs and it eliminated the space in the glove box. To mount one in the box of a GN, you'd have to prop up the back of it and cut out the back of the glovebox. Most CD players cannot function at more than a 45 degree angle, so you'd have to find the happy medium. Make sure you get a remote control version too. ;)

Back