You can type here any text you want

Raised the bar a little..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Hey Norbs...

Race Weight 3850 w/driver.. 109 block.. stock OEM pistons.. hyd flat tappet cam.. small shaft turbo.. 2004r tranny.. 16 inch GTA wheels

Weight till it goes on a diet.. :wink:

Congrats! NIce job. I went to the track too..........below are the results 104.5 in the 1/8" no other times clocks were wacked.

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 282
Looks like a lot of oil on that.. where did the rest of it go?

The rest went here.......and the rest through the turbo

Attachments

• piston4.JPG
    piston4.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 265
What ya think the injector failed, valve failed or spark plug failed first?

looks like it got real hot in there,What did the datalog look like? Looks like alot of oil,bad for detonation

datalog looks normal, no knock. I am getting the injector flowed first to see 100% if its the cause. I drove it home on 5 cyl's maybe thats why its full of oil.

razor what was your egt's or a/f numbers man you gained alot in the last 1/8, how about boost and timing???

Razor, good job. Thats a 10.20 car easy. Time for a PTE70GTQ...Oh and please put that pig on a diet.. ;)

1985GN said:
razor what was your egt's or a/f numbers man you gained alot in the last 1/8, how about boost and timing???

I started this thread..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170765

EGT was at 1550's this run.

Louie.. Thats a high dollar turbo.. I think I'll put the hose(nawzz) to it and make up a little.. Yes to the diet.. but I dont know what to remove.. I kinda like everything where its at.. It is a street car ya know :wink:

I may just do the wheels and work on the suspension. Its all 100% oem 1989 GM stuff under the car cept for the TQ arm and 9 inch... it can use work in those areas, as it squats pretty hard and thats costing me.... That should pick it up.. and work on getting the 1/8 MPH up.. I have a set of 28 inch tall tires i'll be playing with as well..vs the 26 inch that I run.

I think with a mid 1.4 60, a 106 in the 1/8.. and pretty much same tuneup in the back half.. it may just break into the 9's..

Cheers :biggrin:

Back