You can type here any text you want

Ran a Blown GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I too kind of had a sense these guys were just busting on each other. It made me laugh, and it's all good. Sometimes a little harmless ranking is good for the soul, as long as it's amicable, and not too cocky. I've seen the way some of the Mustang fellas talk to each other on certain boards, and many seem to have loose lips, curse a lot, and do like to talk too much smack it seems.

As far as Buicks and Mustangs, I have and love both. I'm a strange person to some, but at the same time, I've seen quite a few Turbobuick guys who also love Mustangs too- and love to Shift a good 5 or 6 Speed once in a while. That's me too. I personally love a lot of different types of cars, and if I had money like Jay Leno would have a whole Warehouse full of all different types of cars.

I've had a 550 Horsepower Turbocharged Mustang, and an 03 Terminator Stang. I've had a few other ones too.

I've also owned a Gorgeous GNX Clone that was nearly perfect that I'll always miss.

I currently now own a 97 Triple Black Cobra, and a 500 Horsepower GN with a Rollcage.

I realize 1 thing about Mustangs - They can be made really, really fast, and for a fraction of the cost of a really really fast GN. GN's are gorgeous cars, don't get me wrong. They also can be really expensive, especially Stage 2, etc. I personally love driving a car with a clutch, once in a while. I also particularly favor the 87-93 Notch Body Styles.

As far as GN's, these cars are the most unique sounding, handling and looking cars ever! They accelerate like a Jet on a runway.

Just wanted to blab about my passion for both Mustangs and GNs. Sorry, now back to the Orange Stang and GN.... :)

Thanks for the ramble! haha. Hot Rodding is hot rodding, I give everybody credit as long as they have respect for each others things. On the other hand i do suffer from this "mustang image" although I am not like other mustang owners i get looks all the time from the camaro and corvette owners. I am actually a pontiac person at heart just seemed to buy this car brand new for a great price and i have had nothing but fun with it.
So anyway back to this race subject...I am turning the boost up just a tad and cindarella over here will probably do the same. Hopefully he doesn't go mad on me!!! I don't think it will be a race after he hits the 20 lb mark but we shall see....sound good?

Hey 87we after looking at this post and your mods in your sig i have to ask WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RUNNING SUCH LOW BOOST ? you have an allky kit you should be up around 20 at least . I have a similar combo to you and i run 16 on pump w/o allky so you should be good to go ............your giving NYrs especialy those on L.I. a bad name here .

Hey 87we after looking at this post and your mods in your sig i have to ask WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RUNNING SUCH LOW BOOST ? you have an allky kit you should be up around 20 at least . I have a similar combo to you and i run 16 on pump w/o allky so you should be good to go ............your giving NYrs especialy those on L.I. a bad name here .

HAHA. Its not tuned yet. I had jack give it a real base tune at idle but we didnt get to do any real time logging or play with the alcohol. April it is getting tuned fully at the track and i want to go 30 lbs with it. The bad name will be ended shortly. It seems to run good at 15 lbs but i dont want to push it.

It is so frustrating knowing what my car can do but not having it tuned really kills me. And then getting walked by daily driven LS1's and stangs they think they are hot sh#* (matt knows who im talkin about) popop. hahah. Wait till its tuned and actually running right for the first time in 3 years. I probably wont run anything less than 20 lbs.

Its a shame the track proposal for L.I in Yaphank is DOA , i was playing with the Gtech pro the other nite and i ran a 12.30@119 16psi on pump gas with an 18deg TT chip so id guess in race trim it will go faster , the g techs are supposed to be acurate , my old one , the first model was pretty much dead on with track times when we had Westhampton . Obviously hooking on the street is hard , My 60ft on street tires was 2.20 . I need to go with a looser convertor than what i have now .

Yea that 60 foots killing you. Whoever opens a track out here which will probably be at calverton if any place, is going to make a billion dollars hands down. Hopefully one day they will have it. Where on LI are you located? Im in Port Jeff. I have a g-tec too. Pretty addicting. Ive g-teched everything from 83 diesel benz's to lamborghinies. Gimme a shot when the wether gets nice we'll go cruisin. 516-356-6238 . Tyler. And then you can blow matts doors off too. HAHAH had to throw that in there.

Im over in StonyBrook myself , i take my Buick up to NYsports club in Portjeff station once in a while so you may run into me . Ill hold onto your # when the 07 summer comes in you have bald hill and the Starbucks Shop and Stop in Miller place gets alot of action , im sure ill remember your buddies car . . Brian

Im over in StonyBrook myself , i take my Buick up to NYsports club in Portjeff station once in a while so you may run into me . Ill hold onto your # when the 07 summer comes in you have bald hill and the Starbucks Shop and Stop in Miller place gets alot of action , im sure ill remember your buddies car . . Brian

Have you been to the stop and shop over the last summer/ fall? I go up there pretty much every thursday as does mattt. I will deffinately see you there next spring and no sooner as i took the car off the road yesterday for the winter. Blad hill his kinda played out. Its the same thing every year only recently more and more civics w/ wide body kits have been taking over.

i am out year around!! give me a shout and ill be there, we can g-tech against each other haha. That starbucks was pretty good for a while but its over for next year, we have to find somewhere else to go. They cops waited last time we went then gave alot of people tickets leaving. All b/s stuff like loud exhaust, no front plate, illegal tires. That sorta thing, pissed alot of guys off so we don't wanna deal with it next year. Plus alot of ricers were showing up.

Well i guess getting a ticket leaving beats getting a ticket coming:rolleyes: Those medling Police , always trying to spoil my fun .

Back