You can type here any text you want

Ran into a TTA owner . . .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

So I had to go to Autozone to get a part for my truck last night, and there's a 7-11 next door. I pull in front of the 7-11 as a middle aged gentleman is walking out. He starts to grin and as I get out he says, "I've got one of them." I replied sceptically, "Oh yeah?" "Yup, mines even still got all the plastic on the seats. It's only got 15 miles on it." :eek: He got my attention. I didn't ask him about too much, but I thought that was interesting.

I woulda said "show me the car I don't believe you!". He probably has a bunch of nice cars and maybe some GN's too. :D

Quiky One said:
Thats awesome. I wonder if he bought that one that was just on ebay?

Jason

Nah, I mentioned that one to him.

Besides, that one didn't have the plastic on the seats :cool:

Who Needs 8 said:
Nah, I mentioned that one to him.

Besides, that one didn't have the plastic on the seats :cool:

HMMM....There may be some TTA's with even lower miles still hiding in garages somewhere that we haven't discovered yet. :eek:

I always love running into TTA owners. Like one time I was at Sears and as I'm walking in this guy comes running up to me and asks me if it was my TTA in which of course I replied with "yeah". Come to find out he had one too with a fairly well built motor and lived about 15 miles from me, unfortunatley I haven't seen him since. I know that there's like 3 or 4 other TTAs within about 20 miles of me and I've talked to all of them but one but one of my friends met him briefly. Unfortunatly none of them ever bring them out so I have never actually seen any of them in person.

Kma697 said:
I woulda said "show me the car I don't believe you!". He probably has a bunch of nice cars and maybe some GN's too. :D

Yea maybe he'll get one the new GT500s & add it to his collection, nice to see Ford is finally making real cars again. ;)

They should'a ripped off the GN driveline & thrown it in there, but then that's been done already :eek:

Too bad I really was in a bad mood because my truck is really pissing me off. I would have talked to him longer, but I think I brushed him off. I get tunnel vision when I have something on my mind. That and I needed a bottle of water, bad.

It's like when I get to a car show, and someone comes up to talk to me about the car as soon as I get out of the car . . . when I get to a show, I'm in "Finishing Touch Mode." Sometimes after I'm ready to "talk cars" I think back and realize I was probably rude to that person because I was trying to get the car ready.

Are you talking about the AutoZone at Trinity Mills/Midway? I'll be on the lookout for you - I pass there every day going to/from work.

Chris
----------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1800 miles)
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

auto_cran said:
Are you talking about the AutoZone at Trinity Mills/Midway? I'll be on the lookout for you - I pass there every day going to/from work.

Yup . . . I live right in that area.

Back