Random Trans talk my 70 Lark and TR

WE287GN

Hey all..getting close on finishing up the 2004r for my TR...Having trouble deciding some things...
I'm a big do it yourselfer and of course spending big money is out for now..

(1st thought)(350 >2004r swap with 2bbl)
I have a 70 Skylark 350/350 I am playing with and am considering putting a 2004r in it for the future...
But I am thinking to stay away from that swap untill I change the motor from the current 2bbl set up to 4 bbl...(linkage reasons???)

(2nd thought)(converters)
When I finally do the swap ,I am contemplating which converter setup to lean towards for each car...
The only converters I have right now are a modded D5(blue streak)
and an old art carr 9" Nlu
If I stick the AC in the TR I have an old Chettah I could stick on , but it has an .82 ex housing on it..
I guess depending on what gears I stick where would matter too?? 3.73's and 3.42's.. both cars apx 26" tall tires..
Neither of these cars will be daily drivers , so LU is not so important, but I am thinking the car with the lu should get the 3.73's????
or I save up for another LU converter???

(3rd thought)(keeping and modding the 350 for the Skylark)
Sticking with the 350 for now(just an idea) ..not sure what I am going to find once I finally get this thing going ..If I am to wait on the 2004r swap, I thinking a factory Skylark 350 didnt shift like a high performance trans..
I was reading Jakes article on 350 biuld.. That looks cool..
Only problem is the converter that is in there is all I have for 350 except this old 8" TCI race converter that I have no use for...Wish some one would trade for a street converter..

Just some random stuff here in case anyone wanted to help me think this out and chit chat on a rainy day...