Rare 87 Turbo Regal Police car for sale

turbonarccar

The car is an original 87 Buick regal turbo under cover narcotics police car. The car is supposedly one of 14 made for California under Regans war on drugs program, the normal police cars couldn't always keep up with the drug runners so the Turbo Buick came to the rescue. The car is all original un molested 140k on odo but the Ukiah Sheriffs department had the motor and turbo rebuilt around 120k. The car is gun metal grey with bucket seats and a center shifter. The only police car indications are a motarola cb speaker kind of tucked up in front of the shifter, a cb hanger in the glove box, and a decal on the speedo saying shift to overdrive during high speed pusuit. The car is rust free, the good except for door dings and passenger fender looks like a tire blowout did a little damage. Mechanicaly the car runs and drives but has been sitting pretty much since 93 when the police were done with it. The owner before me bought it from a GM lot in 93, he was really really really afraid someone was always going to steal it so he kept it wrapped up and put away. I bought in June of 06 with intentions on restoring it being so rare I couldn't resist possible Barrett Jackson car in 10-20 years. Any how the time has come too many projects and lack of funds to complete them force sale. $8000 pictures on the way.

about the pics

I am trying to post pictures of the car but the rules say I cant until I have made 4 post?? hopefully this counts as another one. I took a few photos and can email on request until I can figure out how to post them.

I sent you off some pics via email let me know if you got them? Still trying to post them, hopefully today.

Does the car have the cool gun case built into the headliner like the FBI cars?:

Attachments

• FBI Car Gun Rack (Medium).jpg
    FBI Car Gun Rack (Medium).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 990
Thanks for helping Ive been getting nowhere trying to post them on my own. Any how as far as the headliner its missing, the previous oener removed it due to sagging, that pic of the FBI cars gun case was awswome. A few more things about the car the exhuast is rotted out before the muffler, it needs tire these are still the police issues from way back and the front slow leaks, the car needs a tune up it does run and boost and all that good stuff but shes in need of some love the exhaust doesnt help Im sure. Last but not leat I appoligize but the milage was 120k @ rebuild 130k @ sale currently reads 170k? I may be interested in some trades up or down buick, elco, 4x4 Thanks

I couldnt get the pictures off the album.

Why not just post the link that you sent to me, then people can view that?

BW

Here we go:biggrin:

Attachments

• HPIM0598 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0598 (Small).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 953
  • HPIM0596 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0596 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 931
  • HPIM0592 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0592 (Small).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 931
  • HPIM0601 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0601 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 930
  • HPIM0603 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0603 (Small).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 926
;) [PRICE REDUCTION]I have been looking around at some of the other cars for sale on this site and I amazed at how cheap some of this stuff is. Being that this car is a project really needing to be restored I think I need to adjust the price to $6750 this is an extremely rare buick.

This is a rare car indeed, thin rocker panel molding and chrome mirrors. I love the shot gun holder. It was rumored that the FBI cars had a special chip that got around the 125 mph top speed. Cool car!

not doubting or anything, but I was under the inpression that the police Ts had 145 mph speedos.

The car did come with a 100+ mph chip , the speedo I'm not sure about I am not really a buick guy, I have only had this since last June and I just joinned this site last week. I posted pics of the vin so it could be researched. Thanks for all the help.