You can type here any text you want

Razor's Alky System, Very Impressive!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garycar

I purchased Razor's alky system at the GS Nationals in BG. Installed it on the car in July and followed the instructions in testing each phase of the system. Everything worked perfectly! The problem that I had was that the aftermarket operating computer system in the car does not retard ignition timing in response to detonation. I was concerned that during testing on the street with 93 octane and alky that the motor would detonate and take out the head gasket or more. Its a 9 to 1 motor and very sensitive to detonation, especially since timing is not pulled when it occurs. Fortunately, I had a "Larry Fisher" knock detector lying around and was able to monitor knock. Out on the open road in drive some detonation would occur on light throttle at about 5 #'s boost without alky. I had backed out some fuel in the system in preparation for the alky. I turned the "on" knob to about # 6 on the 1-8 scale and was able to pull about 10 #'s boost with just a knock or two. Turned the knob to 6.5 and the knock completely disappered. I then turned the boost up to 15 and the car pulled like crazy without a single knock! In fact it hazed the drag radials at 55 mph on a 3rd gear pull. Race boost of 21-22 is insane on the street! I am thoroughly impressed with Julio's system. The instructions were easy to follow and the product is absolutely first class. I am impressed with the way the "power injection" and red/green lights comes on when alky is injected and the ease in which the "turn-on" and "initial" adjustment can be made. I lowered the "turn-on" from about 5psi to about 3 psi and for the first time I can run very hard on the street without race gas. Incredible!

sounds like she runs good. the turn on point is pretty low but should help in cooling sooner

Welcome to the world of pump gas! Better start stocking up your methanol supply. Trust me it is more addicting than nicotine.:D

Welcome to the world of pump gas! Better start stocking up your methanol supply. Trust me it is more addicting than nicotine.:D

+1. Get yourself a nice 5gal fuel jug and keep it for your methanol. You'll be using alot. Also, get yourself a 1gal smaller jug to use to fill your cell/in-car tank up. Makes it easier.

Welcome to the dark side of pump gas. :cool:

B

Back