You can type here any text you want

Ready for smog. Have an idling problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drop Top

My car passed last Aug. when I bought my car with no problems. The car had all the oragnial equpment on the car. Sence I bought the car. I had to replaced the Mas air flow censer. Bought a rebilt unit. Did the whole spring cleanning thing. Replaced all the vacume lines. Replaced the fuel pump with the orgnial GM unit. Put a stock replacment K&N air cleaner on and replaced the down pipe with a manderal bent 2 1/2 unit and a high flow cat. Thats all I have done to the car.

Its time to smog the car agian. The problem I'm having is when I set to long at a stop light or ideling. It starts to idle ruff and the service engine soon light comes on. If I rev the motor up it clears up and the light will go off. Or when I start driving the car it will clear up. Basicly it starts to load up a little. It dosent do it all the time just once in a wile. All the vacume lines are in place. I know it will fail if I take it in without fixing this problem. I don't have a scan tool. So I need some sugjestions, Please. Thank you.

How is your TPS setting and IAC setting at idle. When the check engine light illuminates, what code is setting? The ECM will store previous hard faults. Email me a phone number I'll call you

Back