really chitty pull @ wot

S

SLOS-10

For some reason, my car just will not pull hard. My last GN pulled like a mofo. Turbo just doesn't seem to spool fast in first gear. Spools real quick when it kicks down into a lower gear, but is an absolute dog @ wide open throttle. I opened the exhaust thinking it may be that crappy flowbastard stock style exhaust...no such luck., better, but nothing to write home about. I have a scanmaster and everything seems to be ok on it. All readings are right about where they should be. I have run two different chips in it. A thrasher 92 and a jay carter 93. Still get a little bit of knock when the boost spikes up a little. LIke I said, 15 psi just does NOT pull at all in this car for some reason. I know that is low boost, but a well tuned stocker would put an absolute aZZ whoopin on this car.

Stock turbo..868's, adjustable wastegate, K&N filter, stock location flowmaster.

I've also noticed some oil up around the vacuum block. seems like it leak sor something around the bottom of the block.

Please help!! thanks

Replace all vac hoses, including on vac pod
Repair cracked drivers side header
Reseal crossover pipe
Take turbo off and copper-coat the header/turbo flange
Valve springs (and timing chain/gear)
Replace all the little gaskets on the motor (ie turbo inlet, vac pod, PCV rubber gasket in intake, EGR!! gasket, etc)
Fuel Pump + Hotwire (if not already done)
Replace Fuel filter
Hack the exhaust off (still have that test pipe at my house, come get it)
Get a better chip, Thrasher sucks. (Ttype has one, dont like it)
Clean your intercooler and intake/T-body (if not already done)
Check all your hoses on MAF pipe, Intercooler, etc
Check your MAF for 255 grams at WOT, might be going bad
Check your Alternator for WOT voltage
Check to see if your wastegate puck is sealing up good
Hell, check for a cracked vac pod or distorted pod

Is the 160 stat in yet?
New plugs?
Ohm the wires?
Ohm the coil pack?
Is Fuel rising with boost?

...........the list goes on.......this should keep ya busy for a while, HTH

My ttype had a lot of oil around the vac pod, put in a NEW PCV, got less oil........put in the new PCV check-valve the other day, its clean so far.

PS- you changed trannys right?.......did you put the D5 back in or the Monte Carlo SS converter? (Just asking)

what sup neil. I haven't got that test pipe because I can't get the friggen cat off. It refuses to come off of there. I was thinking about just taking off my downpipe and using my old one, then using the test pipe. I don't know how else to do it. \
1. header has already been fixed
2. pump and hotwire....340
3. maf is good..hits about 250+ at around 18 psi..but only 530-540 at 15 psi.
4. I have the jay carter chip, but I'm gettin a ****-ton of knock at part throttle with the jay carter chip. I know I have another problem, just gotta figure it out.
5.fuel filter has been replaced
6. new pcv
7. 160 is in
8. new wires
9. new plugs
10. already cleaned intercooler/intake

I need to do
1. valve springs/timing chain and gear
2. crossover pipe and header turbo/flange copper coat
5, replace gaskets.
6. check puck(how do I do that by the way??? pull off the exhaust housing? if its not,how do I fix it?

yes i put the D5 back in the ss tranny.

Check for EGR operation (unless you have a powerplate)
How do you know the headers not leaking?
Slow spool up means 1. Exhaust Leak or 2. Its rich down low.

Im not a huge fan of 868s, thats one of the reasons I didnt buy yours. Not many people know how to make good chips for them. And I dont agree with just throwing Blue Top chips in with 868s, they are different injectors. Do you still have the 009s? I heard you sold them.......dont know why, but did you?

I cant really think of anything else..........valve springs can really hurt a cars MPH..........what were you running at the track?

Im still gonna say ehxaust leak, too much fuel on the bottom end (in the chip or w/ your FP setting), or valve springs. HTH

PS- what brand PCV.......AC Delco right? Hows your vacuum at idle and in gear? Is your boost pretty steady? How slow does it spool up from a first gear idle punch?

I think I got it figured out. Its leaking before the turbo where the turbo mounts to the header. zak and I are going to try and change it tomorrow morning.

Talked to Zak today.......heard you didnt get the turbo off because you broke an exhaust elbow bolt? What are you pulling the elbow off for? Just take the DP off next time. GL