You can type here any text you want

Rear brake line above the axle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I have a leak in the rear brake line just above where the UCA and differential housing meet. The leak is just before the fitting. Am I going to have to replace the entire line from front to rear or is there another option?

6d71d34f.jpg

I haven't had a good look at my rear brake line recently so bear with me here. Is this where the rubber brake hose comes up from the axle and connects with the body?

If memory serves me, I do remember seeing G Body Parts sells/sold a repair kit for it and a new braided rear brake hose.

EDIT: Found it.

GBodyParts.com Online

Hope this helps. I know I need one of these. Went to put on a new braided rear line and the old one didn't budge. Left it alone once I got that far.

Scott.

Scott, mine is actually leaking from the metal line that comes in from along the frame rail and then up over the axle.

Scott, mine is actually leaking from the metal line that comes in from along the frame rail and then up over the axle.

How far back is it? That repair line is something like 24" long so it should work if its long enough.

If not, you either got to replace the whole line or use some unions and patch a new piece in. :(

I had nightmares of that line. I removed my flexible hose last year and it would not come off. so I had to cut the line you are referring to. I replaced my flex line with the Russel G body kit they sell. and Got new lines for my axels from classic tubes. Your first option is call Classic Tube and tell them you want to buy just that line separtely and be done with it. I opted to bend my own(Not a good idea.) I bought two tubes incase I messed up and yes I did. The second bend I got closer and made it fit. The problem is, that bend right as it goes through the frame hole is a very tight bend that you cant do with a regular tube bender. I finally got it to fit in and tighten up to the threads but it was a bitch. I would have ordered the piece from Classic Tube If I knew I needed it at the time. Your picture shows that is is completly rusted I would just get the whole line from the Diverter valve back replaced you probabbly need it.

If you have a flaring tool and a pipe cutter you can just go to a parts store and buy a short piece of line and a union and patch it. Just make sure the rest of the line is rotted just as bad. Most of the line sold in the stores now is the green line and is bendable by hand.

Back