rear carrier options

Carl,

I think the broken axle is an anomoly. (However, you have been more consistently launching hard the past few years than most I would say). Carl races his car often enough. Since the moser's "should be stronger than stock", wouldn't they last you even longer than these?When you put in the mosers, you can use stock length studs. But be sure to tack weld them in place as they will loosen up over time.

Save your $ on "this" car unless there is more broken than just the axle. If there is nothing else wrong, obviously it was just the axle and the carrier wasn't moving around on you. If there's more broken, then that's another story.

Carl,

I think the broken axle is an anomoly. (However, you have been more consistently launching hard the past few years than most I would say). Carl races his car often enough. Since the moser's "should be stronger than stock", wouldn't they last you even longer than these?When you put in the mosers, you can use stock length studs. But be sure to tack weld them in place as they will loosen up over time.

Save your $ on "this" car unless there is more broken than just the axle. If there is nothing else wrong, obviously it was just the axle and the carrier wasn't moving around on you. If there's more broken, then that's another story.

Hi John, that is a good tip about the wheel studs. I also believe you are right about the 28's. I think that I am probably an exception to the normal rule of thumb. I posed the same question to my guru. He said that the Moser 28's are stronger than the stock ones and might work fine for the average person. However, as much as I do race (10 events per year min.), he felt like only going to 28's would only buy me a little more time before it happened again. It turns out that my yoke twisted too. I could hardly get the driveshaft out of the transmission. I finally wound up having to yank it out with a hook strap. :eek: Needless to say, an upgrade in the driveshaft department is in order as well.