You can type here any text you want

Rear disc brakes....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I also used the Baer kit. I know it is an expensive option (I got mine new but 2nd hand so I saved a little) but I went with it because I prefer to have an out of the box kit by a company like Baer.

IMG_1376.jpg

Thanks for the help... Any more pics?

If you're directing that at me, I have nothing more handy but if you want something specific let me know......I'll be doing some work on the car this weekend and could take some for ya'.

13" Baer on a GNX. Not exactly bolt-on because of the panhard bar bracket. Also had to fabricate a larger shock relocation bracket than came with kit. Get the combination valve with modified metering for 4 wheel disc brakes from Inline Tube. Way better than butchering the stock combo valve.

Front studs will be an issue if you run mags. Baer doesn't have longer studs (don't believe their catalog) and OEM knurl doesn't fit. Use ATR Lexus 300 studs and drill out hub with a 14 mm drill.

Overall - very happy with them - hard braking will suck the eye balls out of your head.

ok, so how do you guys relocate the shocks without that bracket getting pushed (angled) down on the first bup you hit. seems like it wouldn't work... pics?

1/4" plate bent at a right angle. The kit would probably be fine but I've got ATR springs that are probably a little bigger than stock. I'll snap some pics tommorrow.

I've considered going to the Aerospace kit since it's a tad under $600 but I'm assuming you've already done the fronts with an aftermarket kit?

If you're directing that at me, I have nothing more handy but if you want something specific let me know......I'll be doing some work on the car this weekend and could take some for ya'.

Yes if you get time please do.. Thanks..

And all this info is super!! Thanks for all the info on this!!;)

ok, so how do you guys relocate the shocks without that bracket getting pushed (angled) down on the first bup you hit. seems like it wouldn't work... pics?

There is another bolt (1/4-20) that is beside the 1/2" bolt. It is used to keep the bracket from rotating around the 1/2" bolt.

There is another bolt (1/4-20) that is beside the 1/2" bolt. It is used to keep the bracket from rotating around the 1/2" bolt.

ok, is that true of the Baer style brackets as well? I've seen the wilwood bracket fail on a local El Camino.

pic of wilwood failure
09-17-08_1628.jpg

ok, is that true of the Baer style brackets as well? I've seen the wilwood bracket fail on a local El Camino.

pic of wilwood failure
09-17-08_1628.jpg

Couldn't tell ya on the Baer, I built my own kit.
I've had the LS1 system on my car for 2 years and no problems at all.

Here are a few pics showing the shock relocation bracket and it's fastener arrangement. Unfortunately you can't see much of the brake setup itself. The last pic is from when I bought the brake setup and you can see the caliper adapter brackets (gold-ish) in the rear of the pile. Install was straight forward and problem free BTW.

The pics also make me realize how much I need to clean and touch-up the undercarriage over the winter. ;) Actually hooking up the parking brake at some point might be a good idea as well. :eek:

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

Back