You can type here any text you want

Rear disc brakes....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I used a brass disc/disc proportioning valve.

for what car? I was thinking 1LE camaro, but IDK if it would bolt up to my stock mounting points...

what about booster/MC?

I was thinking about using the MC from a 4th gen camaro, but they don't use a prop valve.

is it true that G-body's have an RP valve built into the stock MC?

Here are a few pics showing the shock relocation bracket and it's fastener arrangement. Unfortunately you can't see much of the brake setup itself. The last pic is from when I bought the brake setup and you can see the caliper adapter brackets (gold-ish) in the rear of the pile. Install was straight forward and problem free BTW.

The pics also make me realize how much I need to clean and touch-up the undercarriage over the winter. ;) Actually hooking up the parking brake at some point might be a good idea as well. :eek:

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

That is a very cool kit, 2 things, do you have to run 17" wheels or bigger and about how much was that kit?

Thanks for all the help.

Trav

That is a very cool kit, 2 things, do you have to run 17" wheels or bigger and about how much was that kit?

Thanks for all the help.

Trav

I believe 16's are the safe bet for the rears (I think I read that there are a few 15" wheels that fit as well) but due to the 13" front disks I pretty much had to run 17's anyway. I bought my "new" front/rear kit as a package deal second hand......I think the rear kit sells for around $1200 from Various Buick vendors.

Glad to help, since I'm a GN noob I usually just gather info so it's nice to be able to offer my limited experience now and then.

I think I narrowed down a wiring issue I have and tied up a few other loose ends. I'm mostly just getting ready for the winter storage projects. Plus I got to drive it a little which is where it all pays off.

I run AR-23, American Racing, 15" rims with the 12" kit on the front and rear.

T wheels may fit as well in the back, may require a 3/16" spacer though.

I think the rear Baer 12" kit is under $900, call Jack Cotton for a firm price as he's a dealer and has good prices including sales from time to time. :cool:

I also followed the included instructions for removing a few parts from the stock proportioning valve, to use with the rear disc kit, it works fine on my car with no added prop. valves using the powermaster.

Hard part of the install out back is the three little (diameter) screws that hold the backing plate assembly on, metric I believe, have spares on hand and a method of removing them if you break one. :mad:

leftrearbrakeandshock.jpg

Yeah I know about the weight. :p

Rrearbaerbrakecaliperandwheel.jpg

Back