Rear drums and shoes problem

Ok I'm changing my drums and shoes, went to put the new drum on and it will not go on and the adjuster is loose. Oh yeah I got 4 long shoes

Have only seen shoe sets with 2 and 2. 2 with more material and 2 with less that goes toward the front. You know, like a Claymore says, "Front toward enemy" If your ride has seen any salt I'd go for a new spring kit also. Sounds like someone wasn't paying attention when they packed the box.

Learned the hard way that there are receded shoes.
In 1980 (I was 19) I did rear brakes on my 69 Camaro SS.
I put 2 "front" receded shoes on one side and 2 "rear" full length shoes on the other.
After 50 miles one side was smoking.
That's how I figured out that the shoes were different.
Our Regals are basically the same.
I agree that if you got a box of "rear" shoes they were boxed wrong.
Replacing the spring kit and adjusters is also good advice. Cheap too!
Be sure to lube all contact points, not the friction material (sorry, had to state the obvious), with a high quality brake lube.

Ok you have two sets of shoes,right.
You put the long shoes on and set the short shoes aside ,right.
I did the same thing no problems,(I can hold 20 lb with foot break,)
You have the S10 wheel cylinder too?
If you use S10 our not the only difference is the braking surface the metal parts are identical.
If you lay the shoes in the drum they should fit nice ,the out side or radius can be a little large to start but should fit. No one radius shoes anymore, I bet no one ever seen it done if under the age of 60.
If the shoes don’t fit in the drum parts store made the mistake.
If the shoes to fit you have something wrong.
PS this mod with shoes and S10 wheel cylinder is for drag racing and driven on the street very carefully!!

Ok you have two sets of shoes,right.
You put the long shoes on and set the short shoes aside ,right.
I did the same thing no problems,(I can hold 20 lb with foot break,)
You have the S10 wheel cylinder too?
If you use S10 our not the only difference is the braking surface the metal parts are identical.
If you lay the shoes in the drum they should fit nice ,the out side or radius can be a little large to start but should fit. No one radius shoes anymore, I bet no one ever seen it done if under the age of 60.
If the shoes don’t fit in the drum parts store made the mistake.
If the shoes to fit you have something wrong.
PS this mod with shoes and S10 wheel cylinder is for drag racing and driven on the street very carefully!!
The mod with 4 long shoes was popular 20 yrs back . It's a tight fit make sure adjusters are all the way in and shoes are lined up.Double check make sure you have correct shoes.